Trader Joe's YEA/NAY/MEH, 2023 Edition

Tried the butter chicken which has gotten very positive reviews here. We thought it was good but a bit spicy for our taste. What would be an addition to cut the spice level of the sauce without changing the product too much? Honey?

We love these gochujang meatballs!

2 Likes

More butter or cream?

5 Likes

Accompany it with purchased or homemade raita (plain yogurt plus diced cucumber). More complex raitas: https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/raita-recipes-biryani-pulao-kababs/

7 Likes

Yay for the Squiggly noodles. I didnā€™t use the flavor packet, but after boiling I served them in a quick chicken broth (BtB) with a dash of toasted sesame oil and slices of sous-vide chicken breast. They have a fun mouthfeelā€“squiggly!

1 Like

The chicken tikka masala is less spicy.

3 Likes

His cookies with gochujang are very good.

Cream, sour cream, or cashew cream mixed in, or yogurt on the side.

2 Likes

Let me provide the opposing view here: also with absolutely no experience of this item, I found the taste to approximate that of ketchup and floor cleaner. This is a good opportunity to test out TJā€™s generous sample policy. (Iā€™m not going to go to the trouble of returning it, though.)

1 Like

The butter chicken is too spicy for me too, but the chicken tikka masala is just right.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I looked for these noodles when I was last at TJs and couldnā€™t find them. Are they in the dried pasta section? The soups?

They were in an aisle-end display when I saw them. I donā€™t know where they will end up, if theyā€™re continued.

Thanks. Iā€™m guessing mine isnā€™t carrying them now, because I looked at those as well (the aisle ends) and didnā€™t see any.

They started in the new product aisle end display, but moved to the soup / ramen / instant noodle section the next time I saw them.

1 Like

Thank you I will look again next time Iā€™m there.

I was going to suggest those as well.

1 Like

In what area of TJ is Gochujang?

Where the condiments are: jarred salsa, relish, ketchup, etc.

1 Like

And today they were gone, from one of my local stores.

1 Like