Top Chef Season 14

I also prefer either Sheldon or Shirley–they seem to be both great chefs and good people. But unlike past years (I’m looking at you Hosea and Ilan), I’d be OK with any of the final four/five. Maybe just a sign that I’m no longer as passionate about TC as I once was?

2 Likes

I too think that Casey is coming out of LCK. Brook again played it safe with the cauliflower soup. I took Tom’s comments about the garnish as the most positive thing he could say about the dish. I could be wrong and just another victim of the elves.

I may be the only one, but I got a little choked up over John’s comments. I agree with you Linda that he has still done some screwy things, but he isn’t generating the same level of animosity with the other contestants. I think they actually like him this go around. I don’t think he’ll win, but won’t be upset if he does.

I’d put money on Sheldon. In the finals preview he gets the doom edit. Sure sign he’s the winner unless he doesn’t win. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

HAH!!! Yes, the Elves have been known to mess with the viewers’ heads, haven’t they?

1 Like

Oh, yes. Two shockers - did not deserve the win.

1 Like

Yes, and I was one of them. Then I found myself liking her this season. And in the end, Carla made the decision to go with what Casey suggested, I don’t get why. She realized her mistake too late. Honestly, IMO she could have won it. Never thought Hosea was that great and Stefan certainly wasn’t.

I always thought that was unfair to Casey. She offered opinions to Carla, she didn’t bully Carla. It’s Carla’s fault, not Casey’s, for what happened.

FWIW, Hosea didn’t look that great on his season, but his restaurant here is fantastic.

Agreed, and I don’t think Carla ever held it against her. If I remember correctly, Casey talked about how bad she felt about it her last go round on TC. And honestly I don’t think her loosing in any way affected her career path - she is probably one of the most successful (financially) of the contestants. TV pays well and there are no investors or rent to pay.

1 Like

That was a good first half of the TC Finale in Guadalajara. I’m VERY happy with the QC and EC winner(s)! And and even more so with who went home. :laughing:

And I was ultimately pleased with the LCK winner who returned. Deserving of the win.

2 Likes

Aha! Here it is!

Good times. :expressionless:

Free recaps are nice, but you get what you pay for. I still watch the same.

???

1 Like

Hi Linda!

“I still watch the same” means I am still as into it as I was season 1. I still yell " It’s a Top Chef night ! ", and run around in a frenzy on those Thursdays, and only miss it when I am in a hotel without Bravo, getting what I can from recaps and from Bravo.com, and from complaining a LOT! I guess I don’t refuse to travel anymore, so there’s that.

I guess what I meant by “you get what you pay for” means you cannot get what you did, and what others have done (i.e. thoughtful, detailed restaurant and product reviews ) for free, forever.

"The internet " is not free!

1 Like

Ahhh, got it. Well, eventually, the old recap war horses need to be put out to pasture. The Boston season was one season too long for this old war horse - I was rather long in the tooth, so to speak. :grinning: But the obligation to try and give it a decent write-up was rearing its head, so I gave it one last lope around the track.

Jesus, that’s rather morbid, isn’t it? Maybe just take me out back and put me out of my misery! LOL

Seriously - I much prefer watching TC now without the start/stops on the DVR I used to do to get the details. And I’m in bed at a reasonable hour (although now, of course, TC is on at 9:00 instead of 10:00 p.m.).

1 Like

Linda, I would have read your recaps forever.

"_much prefer watching TC now without the start/stops on the DVR I used to do to get the details. "

I’m sure. I tried it a few times, and was like …No!. I find the same is true with so many reviews I imagine myself writing. And yet, the world seems to revolve around them now!

1 Like

Linda’s free recaps were awesome - someone should have paid her for them and they are missed.

4 Likes

I guess that came across wrong. I get that a lot! We didn’t pay for it, and now we got nothing!

They WERE awesome, and I wish I could have done more to help. I come here during TC season, just looking for her!

2 Likes

It’s all good. Just giving linda the credit she deserves :wink:

2 Likes

Linda was awesome. It was my opportunity to catch up on things I missed or forgot about an episode

2 Likes

I think a lot of reviewers get to watch the show they’re reviewing a day or so ahead of its air time, so they have time to put together a proper review without a deadline of “the episode is done, where is Linda’s recap?” hovering over their head like the Sword of Damocles. :wink:

2 Likes

Youse guys and gals are good for an ego, that’s for sure! :blush:

1 Like