Top Chef Kentucky

I can’t seem to find Last Chance Kitchen for Thursday December 20th. Anybody seen it?

I haven’t seen it yet. They seem to post it a few days later on OnDemand. I would look again over the weekend.

Okay…but it’s not on Bravo.com either?!?. Not like I care or anything.

NVM found it on Bravo. Phew! Spolier . Obs.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Breakfast

2 Likes

I’ll look later! Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for that link - I am loving the handicapping there

First half of Restaurant Wars on the books. THREE restaurants of four cheftestants this time vs. two.

One team seems unbeatable - but you know as soon as they show that - they’re beatable. The other two teams don’t seem cohesive either, so at least with the prep leading up to service, it’s a crapshoot. Either a FOH goes missing, or someone on the line isn’t finishing up their prep in time, putting them into the weeds before they even start.

And it’s a double-elim. Dun-dun-DUUUNNNNNNN!!! Will be interesting to see how this plays out next week.

6 Likes

Lin-da! Lin-da! Lin-da!

3 Likes

Minor Spoilers

Am I just crazy or forgetful? I didn’t remember the teams having to actually set up the dining space in the past. Did they just edit those bits out? Maybe it’s never caused time management issues before, but it seems to be asking extra drama for all teams to manage this extra task this round in addition to the usual food, prep, expediting, front of house dilemmas.

I was thinking something similar. I thought that they were also given an extra day. One day to fully prep and prepare the dining room and the next day to do service. To do everything in one day seems insane/

I seem to remember regular restaurant wars set up drama.

Here is this week’s power Rankings.

https://uproxx.com/life/top-chef-power-rankings-1604/

2 Likes

Wow; how tall is hair guy two? (Brian?)

1 Like

They now have a design team to do the full set-up, but the decision still has to come from whoever the EC is, I believe (or maybe the FOH?)

Restaurant Wars Part Deux was a shit show, to say the least. I knew (or hoped) one of the chefs would go home for their utter lack of organization. I wasn’t sure of the other, but it made sense.

I can see one of the booted chefs doing well in LCK. Don’t think the other will survive.

4 Likes

Girl!!

Tom said…“16 restaurant wars; this one the most…???”…
Going to have to re-watch.

1 Like

Difficult.

2 Likes

LCK had two parts!

1 Like

In the first few seasons, I seem to remember the chefs shopping for everything - including dishes and cutlery. Now they have pros come in and deal,with concept, etc.

2 Likes

Just re-wathced season three (I know…) and I think they were actually mopping floors, hanging pictures and the like. I think they did have a consultant that had also been a diner.

1 Like

He must have meant difficult for the chefs I guess. I thought he meant for the judges to decide at first, but the one team was having such a frustrating time it should have made decisions easy.

I’m not sure I cared for this round of restaurant wars. While it’s insightful to see the work that goes into planning, ticket management, communication, and stuff, I felt like the food got last billing this time.

3 Likes

Famous last words from Casey - “Let’s get some smell-goods.” Big no no, Casey!!!

2 Likes