Too much Cherry Tomatoes!

Found another way to use up the excessive Cherry Tomatoes from my backyard - ’ Oven Dried Tomatoes in EVOO ’
So easy but time consuming!!..1 hour harvesting, washing and halved. Sprinkled with sea salt, slow roast in the oven at 230 c for 5 hours. Cool completely, placed in a seal tight jar then covered

with good quality EVOO.

13 Likes

We’ve been doing this for the last couple of years and it’s just fab. Recipe calls for a mix of tomatoes but I reckon you could just use cherry toms with no problem. I have to buy them rather than just pop into the garden.

4 Likes

+1 for the Slater version.

I like to freeze the results in 1 cup portions. Makes for a fast dinner in the future served over pasta with a little parm. Salad on the side and you’re good to go.

1 Like

If you freeze first, you won’t have to halve, but the oven time will of course be longer.

1 Like

I freeze them as well. They make a nice topping for a mid-winter, savory tart. Usually one with a ricotta base.

3 Likes

I’ve never tried to freeze it, always using it up over a couple of weeks. I’ll try to remember to try a batch night time we make it.

1 Like

Is the temperature correct? Won’t it get burned for 5 hours?

1 Like

I was inspired to do so by another HO poster here.

1 Like

Oops!! You are RIGHT!! Should be FAHRENHEIT (F)!!
I come from Canada and used to using metric. Sorry!!

1 Like

Me too. So that would be about 110c, Charles?

2 Likes

OMG! That looks sooo delicious!!

Hi Charles!

Another use … might be pay wall article but you can get NYT through public library.

NYT grape tomato quick kimchi

1 Like

3 Likes