What's For Dinner #99 - the Orange is the New Black Edition -October 2023

:smiley: Yay for you! Keep up the good work, both of you!

4 Likes

Speaking as a recent hobbled person - give yourself a break. It’s so hard and so necessary to accept help. Your job is to heal!

10 Likes

Glad to hear from you! Resist the urge to help - that’s grace for both of you!! Wishing you fast healing.

4 Likes

Rack of lamb with coronation grape/ table grape sauce, scalloped potatoes with Parm.

6 Likes

Wonton soup: frozen shrimp and pork wontons, bone broth, noodles, and poached chicken breast.

18 Likes

Easy dinner tonight, with a nod to the discussion on “too much cherry tomatoes”.

Bucatini with Nigel Slater’s roasted tomatoes, amped up with lots of garlic, parmesan cheese, and freshly picked basil. Served on the side but not shown: garden greens in a homemade Caesar dressing.

17 Likes

Glad to hear you’re being well taken care of. Now you just stay in bed and rest up, young lady! :::shaking my Mom finger at you:::

5 Likes

Tacos from Tuesday that I did not get a chance to post until Wednesday. Broiled sea bass with olive oil, cumin, chipotle powder and lime juices. Served with coleslaw made with a sour cream, mayo, lime juice, Tajin and cumin dressing, grilled shishito peppers and jicama sticks. There’s a spoonful of tomatillo and avocado salsa which became a scoopful after I took the picture.

23 Likes

Not a great gardening year, but I did get some nice beans and carrots (seen here). Sauteed with broccoli, bok choy, silken tofu and probably other stuff I’m forgetting. Plus an egg! Everyone loves egg.

20 Likes

I nearly forgot! Meet our newest member of the family: S’more

Unfortunately I’m moderately allergic, so hoping the allergist can work magic with my injection serum.

31 Likes

That steak looks perfect :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Good grief, some of you are putting me to shame. Oh well🙂 pretty explanatory.

19 Likes

Tom yum noodle soup with rice noodles, shrimp, oyster mushrooms, and ground pork.

22 Likes

:heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Well on my way to being a crazy cat lady. :rofl::two_hearts:

8 Likes

There are worse fates…

7 Likes

Nothing wrong with that! :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

We had our ladies night Tuesday to celebrate a certain someone, so nothing special for dinner – just leftover salad from our lunch topped with a bit of roti chicken.

There was a little more cooking at casa lingua yesterday as we had a buddy over for dinner. Appetizer was burrata caprese with shitty sungold tomatoes I therefore had to roast in order to coax out any flavor, roasted fennel with shredded parm, a simple salad of gem lettuces, avocado & chopped walnuts in walnut vinaigrette, and grilled Arctic char & salmon with a horseradish dill sauce. Well, actually… the fish was incinerated more than it was grilled bc our Weber caught on fire for slightly longer than we were comfortable with, but in the end it died out. Of course, both fish skins were positively ruined, and the char was def overcooked. Our friend’s beautiful salmon filet held up well & was still delish. STOL which will make for lunches in the coming days.

The cat joined us for a post-dinner table hang. Weirdo.

Meeting up with my chili heads for Sichuan jour fixe tonight. I think the owner might have taken my waxing poetic about the amazing har gow we had in Berlin as a challenge bc she promised to make some for our group tonight. Will be fun to compare. Drinks after are on the horizon. Thank goodness for some booze again.

20 Likes

Those wontons look good, are they? If so what brand (or restaurant/shop/Noodle joint)?

Looks like “charred Char” :fire: :fire_engine: :fire: :grin:

5 Likes