The MFA and Bar Vlaha

We had a nice walk around the MFA this am. We really enjoyed the John Singer Sargent exhibit.
Brunch reservations at Bar Vlaha on Beacon Street in Brookline. About 2 doors down from The Abby.
12:30 arrival, the place was jumpin’. Smelled so good. Not huge, cozy, a nice bar, tables and a counter overlooking the kitchen.
We started with the brunch mocktail and a glass of house red and the dips.
Smoked eggplant, a soft cheese (reminded be of labneh) and a spicy feta spread, served with homemade sour dough bread which was a good as you would want it to be. The eggplant and soft cheese were my favorite, feta has never been my thing. We pretty much ate it all.
I ordered the Sfougato, similar to a quiche with much less crust, zucchini, dill and mint. Came with frise and apple salad, which was very refreshing. DH ordered a pita, Kimadopita, ground beef, cumin, coriander in a phyllo. dough, a small side of yoghurt. Also very good, heavy though. I think after the bread and dips, something lighter would have been the way to go. There are several things that looked good as they went by, especially the tahinipita - phyllo dough, cinnamon, whipped cream and berries.

I think there is a MC review somewhere on the board.
We did enjoy the food, the music was very loud though, hard to talk loud, we’re hoping it is less loud at dinner, that menu looks very interesting to us.

9 Likes

Took me a bit to puzzle out the MFA acronym - looks like a wonderful museum! So, too, does your meal look wonderful.

Here’s a link to the @MC-Slim-JB review:

2 Likes

Sorry for the confusion…we go often and that is how we refer to it.
And that is the review, thanks for adding it. A really nice spot, and one to return to (with earplugs)

2 Likes

It’s a pretty common way to refer to it, rather as New Yorkers might talk of MoMA or the Met. Lovely review above.

4 Likes