The Good News Thread In The Age of Corona

That is amazing!

1 Like

Is the Daily Planet building an actual building? I was mystified as to what was flying around till I zoomed way in.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

My friend is a huge Superman fan :slightly_smiling_face: That is Superman flying around the fictitious Daily Planet building.

1 Like

Thanks!
I recognized most of the others.
Does Superman ever time travel over to Bob Cratchit’s loft?

3 Likes

I believe that actually that is the former Daily News Building

3 Likes

Yes, I think it is.

2 Likes

Yes, and its Clark Kent social distancing from his office.

3 Likes

I didn’t kill a bicyclist. This guy comes flying thru a four way stop and if I drove like half the people here and roll or run a stop sign it would have been bye bye bike guy. :open_mouth:

That’s so scary.

3 Likes

I’ve had that same bike thing happen to me.

If you have wheels (other than a wheelchair), you’re not a pedestrian.* There’s no “understanding” that bikes are pedestrians, and it wouldn’t be good if there was.

Sorry that happened to you, glad nobody was injured.

__

* You are a pedestrian if you have a bike but you’re standing beside it, of course

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m confused. We have had this policy in Oregon almost since the beginning of the pandemic.
Weird.
Of course, we’re budding
communists.

https://www.kgw.com/mobile/article/news/local/oregon-covid-restrictions-risk-levels-january-15-january-28/283-3b46a7c0-6a8b-4319-aa95-d85968b2c845

3 Likes

Also here in MD (and in VA, DC, USVI, PR, …) although people have varying degrees of compliance. Apparently the Brits, not unlike southern CA residents, ignore regulations.

“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold