The Good News Thread In The Age of Corona

That is amazing!

1 Like

Is the Daily Planet building an actual building? I was mystified as to what was flying around till I zoomed way in.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

My friend is a huge Superman fan :slightly_smiling_face: That is Superman flying around the fictitious Daily Planet building.

1 Like

Thanks!
I recognized most of the others.
Does Superman ever time travel over to Bob Cratchit’s loft?

3 Likes

I believe that actually that is the former Daily News Building

3 Likes

Yes, I think it is.

2 Likes

Yes, and its Clark Kent social distancing from his office.

3 Likes

I didn’t kill a bicyclist. This guy comes flying thru a four way stop and if I drove like half the people here and roll or run a stop sign it would have been bye bye bike guy. :open_mouth:

That’s so scary.

3 Likes

I’ve had that same bike thing happen to me.

If you have wheels (other than a wheelchair), you’re not a pedestrian.* There’s no “understanding” that bikes are pedestrians, and it wouldn’t be good if there was.

Sorry that happened to you, glad nobody was injured.

__

* You are a pedestrian if you have a bike but you’re standing beside it, of course

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m confused. We have had this policy in Oregon almost since the beginning of the pandemic.
Weird.
Of course, we’re budding
communists.

3 Likes

Also here in MD (and in VA, DC, USVI, PR, …) although people have varying degrees of compliance. Apparently the Brits, not unlike southern CA residents, ignore regulations.

I’m a train nut as some might know.

Today I went to catch the Amtrak at the Houston station and a maybe a ten year old boy had dragged his mother down there so he could get a picture on his phone.

There is hope for our younger generations, phones aside.

2 Likes

More businesses are joining the curbside service parade here in Maryland. Very few reasons to go inside anywhere.

1 Like

The good news is I’m still alive. This is not necessarily covid related but I would not be here right now if I didn’t obey traffic laws.

Edit

I drove up to a four way stop and some genius blew through going at least 60 in a 30 and if I had rolled the stop sign like most do around here I would have been freaking dead, to make this food related a t bone.

Slow down everybody and what are you going to do with the extra 30 seconds you save cutting somebody off in traffic or run a red light.

I don’t know if it’s covid or phones but keep your eyes open for the morons.

5 Likes

Hope you’ve stop shaking and I’m glad you’re ok. I live in a small town where it’s a wide spread belief that stop signs and speed limits are for other people.
Bringing it back on topic, I had never been able to cook a t-bone or porterhouse just right so I don’t even bother.

2 Likes

VERY glad to hear you’re OK!

2 Likes

Wow - IIRC, this is not your first close call lately with careless drivers. And here I thought driving through Houston on I-45 South was scary enough. Sounds like the side roads are even more of a nightmare. Glad to hear you’re ok.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What a terrifying experience. Incredibly relieved to hear that you are okay after that close call.

Please be extra, extra kind to yourself in the coming days. I had a similar experience years ago (vehicle I was in was rammed by a driver running a stoplight), and the shakiness and emotions were delayed in catching up with me afterward.

2 Likes