The Galley Pizza & Eatery - Asbury Park

You should have stopped by our house for the party

2 Likes

Oh, there was a parade alright…

5 Likes

I also hit The Galley on Saturday for their homemade pastrami. It was delivered hot and steaming to the table on toasted rye with (extra) swiss cheese and mustard on the side. It was delicious, but I am a heat wimp. So a bit peppery for me, but a really nicely cured, slightly smokey pastrami. The fries were also terrific, and perfectly seasoned. Maybe it’s just me, but I also liked the cloth napkin roll they provided. And my mustard came in a tiny pitcher. Those were just nice additional touches.

Kris came and and we chatted. He has a great vision for the type of food he wants to put out there. His pizza guy has been making pies for 15 years. And his cooks in the kitchen are very dedicated and are just as passionate as he is about serving great food.

He mentioned that he is going to be doing a corned beef special very shorly, since it is that season. I might have to get back this week to check it out!

10 Likes

Glad you got to chat with Kris. I’m embarrassed that I haven’t been in yet, as it’s just blocks away.
Let me know if you’re coming back and if you want company, I’ll try to meet you!

1 Like

Did you see me? I was on the Johnny Mac pirate float. We won!

2 Likes

No! You were on the Viking ship? I saw it early (like, just after Noon). I was walking ahead of you with the AP Music Foundation.

Company would be great! How about next Monday, the 16th?

FYI…The Galley is closed on Mondays

Then that’s a no for me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ooof! How about Thursday or Friday?

Thursday works for me…

Yeah the Viking ship! I don’t know why I called it pirate. Haha.

1 Like

Got room for 1 more?

1 Like

Delighted, yes! Oh, and did I say yes?!!

1 Like

What time works for you both? I can make it no earlier than 5:30. That four letter word work gets in the way!

So let’s say 5:30 on Thurs 3/19 and I’ll get there a few mins early to secure a table for 3 (@MsBean)? 4?

Perfect!

1 Like

You ladies going on St. Josephs Day. I hope Kris has the sfingi ready!

OOOOOH good call!

1 Like

Oh No! I didn’t realize it was St Joseph’s Day. I usually make the traditional pasta with sardines. I may have to cancel. Unless of course you want to come to my house for dinner.

1 Like