The Farm Boy Thread [Ontario] [Ottawa] [Toronto] [London, Ontario]

The Nanaimo Bars are mediocre. They’re better at most coffee shops. I can’t compare to what Loblaws , Sobeys or Metro sell lately. The indie grocer Remark in London makes a better Nanaimo Bar, as do most independent bakeries I’ve tried in London and Toronto.

The bars need a darker and more chocolatey top layer, and a thicker middle layer, maybe with more custard powder.

I was happy with the pumpkin cranberry muffins from the bakery, as well as the pecan pie. I will try the raisin bran muffins soon.

They stock chicken hearts and chicken gizzards, unlike Sobeys, Metro and Loblaws in LondonON. I stock up when I see them.

I also buy duck legs at FarmBoy.

2 Likes

Rao’s and Carbone are on sale at Farm Boy right now. Rao’s was taken over a few months ago so maybe they are getting rid of the pre-takeover product. (Canadian prices)

1 Like

That’s expensive sauce. I’ve tried Rao’s and thought it was okay, but don’t think it’s worth what they’re asking.

1 Like

how long is the sale on for?

1 Like

It says until Jan 3, 2024, so until they run out, I guess

1 Like

I’ve been splurging lately. I like the Rao’s and Carbone a lot more than the Classicos.
For a sauce that’s in between the 2 levels in terms of price, I like Stefano Faita which is around $8.

(post deleted by author)

Thanks, my sister and her family like it so she always asks me to keep an eye open for sales. I might pick up a jar for myself as well.

1 Like

Metro has it for the same price, picked up 2 jars

1 Like

Raos is on sale at Farm Boy this week for $9.99 a jar.

3 Likes

I like the Farm Boy small batch cheddar, Farm Boy Irish Cheddar, and Farm Boy Welsh Cheddar.

1 Like

The FarmBoy oatmeal cookies in the shelf stable cookie section are pretty good. Closer to Norwegian lace than Dad’s, which is a good thing to me.