The Farm Boy Thread [Ontario] [Ottawa] [Toronto] [London, Ontario]

Leeks! Farmboy has bundles of them for 7-8 dollars regularly, working out to about a dollar a leek. Better price than the other stores and quality is great.

1 Like

I picked up some leeks this week.

The spinach is often 2 for $5.

This week, bunches of cilantro were 3 for $5 at the Farm Boy in London.

Also, the pineapple is between $2.99 and $4.99, when Loblaws is charging $5.99 or more.

The Italian plums in a basket and the bags of pears have been relatively cheap lately, too.

While it isn’t the best Tres Leches I’ve had, this was one of the most addictive $8. 99 purchases I’ve made recently. I had it for dessert and breakfast.

There’s a little Colombian coffee shop on Bloor in Koreatown in Toronto called Ave Maria that makes a great Tres Leches (also good empanadas), if you’re in the neighbourhood (prob not worth a detour)

3 Likes
1 Like

OMG, the S&V chips are disgusting and their other chips aren’t that great either. The chickpea chips are much better, but the bag can disappear in a couple of mins. I like the Farm Boy frozen dumplings , their baked goods are decent and the house made pepperetts are addictive. I’m lucky to have one close by.

1 Like

Mexico Lindo makes a delicious Tres Leches if you’re ever out in the burbs.

1 Like

The chips are made by Covered Bridge in NB. Same type.

I don’t eat too many chips. Plain Pringles, plain Lay’s or plain Ruffles are the preferred chips for the chip eater in my family.

1 Like

The standard Hot Cross Buns are pretty good, better than President’s Choice.

3 Likes

COBS just opened up in the nabe and they have them as well, I’ll TOFTT :smiley:

2 Likes

Do it :rofl:

2 Likes

My favourite Hot Cross Buns are Cobs’ cranberry-orange. The orange adds a nice bit of tang. Been buying those for years.

https://www.cobsbread.com/products/cranberry-orange-hot-cross-bun/

2 Likes

Excellent! Now I don’t have to buy a jar of marmalade :smiley: TY!

1 Like

Agree, Cobs does hot cross buns well, both the standard and the cranberry orange.

1 Like

It needs marmalade or apricot jam to make that bacon sandwich work with the HP. :nerd_face:

I’ll grab some when I pick up my new addiction, their flax seed/sunflower sour dough loaf.

I’ll be the judge of that :smiley: I think a fried egg and some good cheddar will work well, but I’ll save that for future experimentation.

COBS Cranberry/orange hot cross bun bacon butties. One regular and one with sharp-ish cheddar.
Marmalade was not needed :smiley:

Add images he

re

5 Likes

Farm Boy’s newest flyer is advertising ham from Dundas, ON. Has anyone tried it? Looks tempting for Easter, or pizza topping for that matter.

2 Likes

Nicely done, Pedro

1 Like

I tried the vacuum-packed Farm Boy Tandoori chicken that gets cooked at home. Impressed! Will buy it again.

3 Likes