The Butchers Block, Long Branch

Is he referring to the owner? He doubled down on 101.5 yesterday and his father in law did the same today! So glad I was already over this place long before all this.

2 Likes

Yes–that’s what he meant (the owner). I love that they were (I assume) damage control on the radio.

1 Like

Happen to know it was taken down because they got caught taking off negative comments not to mention it was filmed and posted without the woman’s permission. Sad they get all this publicity when so many businesses are out there doing the right thing.

7 Likes

I do wonder how many people replying to them about their views on social media are actual customers vs people who just want to jump on the “no mask” bandwagon? I know the spot does well, but I can’t imagine that’s not at play a bit here…

4 Likes

I’d say 3 to 5 % actual customers

4 Likes

Johnny!!! Good to see you buddy, we missed you buddy!!

3 Likes

indeed, nice to see you around again @corvette_johnny

you think that high? lol… sad but prob true…

They just did a video on Instagram, you should check it out, I will leave it at that

It’s barely started and I already know my reaction. For those who aren’t on IG, he’s got a red baseball cap on that says Stay The F*%k Home. I think that could have been a photo and his message would have been out there, but that’s just me.

1 Like

Wow

Yup. I watched the whole thing, too.

1 Like

I couldn’t bring myself to turn the sound on. I can’t believe the amount of people who support him in comments. It’s truly frightening to think that this is what we’re surrounded by.

2 Likes

I watched the whole video. I actually enjoyed it. in my opinion, this is great marketing. Hope to get there soon & to be able to write about a great restaurant experience. Also I would like to remind everyone with this copy & paste: A cloth mask is intended to trap droplets that are released when the wearer talks, coughs or sneezes. Asking everyone to wear cloth masks can help reduce the spread of the virus by people who have COVID -19 but don’t realize it. BTW Here is the link to the video: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CD6s0yNgvjs/?hl=en

So here is the latest reason this place WILL NEVER see another dime of my money. Last night a family member dined at Butchers Block, they unlike me, are a fan of the place and very familiar with it. When they called for reservations they were told tables were limited for a private event but they were able to get a table.

They show up and immediately noticed it was “different”, like wearing masks and very socially distanced. They were given strict instructions on mask wearing and social distancing. They are seated and a familiar waiter comes over, full masked, to greet them and they ask; “what’s going on”?

He responded; “isn’t this some bullshit”?
They said yes and asked why?
He said: “Governor Murphy is here tonight so we have to adhere to the guidelines”

So there was no “private event” it was an excuse as to why they had limited seating/reservations since they had to remove tables etc.

Now as to why Murphy is a complete f’n asshole. ALL POLITICS ASIDE

Here is a picture of him from last night at The Butchers Block that was posted on Instagram. That is Murphy with his 2 sons and daughter. (second pic zoomed in on his sons hat)

“Stay The Fuck Home”

That was the quote the owner yelled at someone who complained about them not wearing masks. Murphy allows his kids to go out in public while wearing a slogan intended to insult someone who was concerned about social distancing and mask protection.

“Stay The Fuck Home” so we elites can do whatever we want. I’m sorry this man is a fucking asshole. How does a man in his position allow his children to go out in public with him with such a provocative garment, because he simply doesn’t care.

9 Likes

Maybe he knows something the rest of us don’t? Like Gavin Newsom? Once you get a taste of “for thee but not for me” it must be intoxicating. Happy Thanksgiving!

5 Likes

To play devils advocate here, do you think he knows the backstory with the restaurant and that phrase? It’s possible (anything’s possible right) that without knowing the backstory he might have thought it was just a motto to encourage people to isolate and not a shit head slogan for mask deniers? I don’t really know answer either way, just wondering
Either way I’ll never visit that spot and it’s completely obvious they don’t give a crap about keeping their employees or customers safe or even following laws.

4 Likes

Encouraging people to isolate while not actually isolating yourself is…hypocritical? Tone-deaf? Tyrannical? Better informed? All of the above?

2 Likes

Have to be honest that I thought the same thing and I just saw this, so I figured I’d share:

I’m more annoyed that Murphy is supporting a restaurant owner who so flagrantly doesn’t follow the rules.

7 Likes

All I can say is WOW! From all sides!

3 Likes