The Big Ole NJ Steak Thread

Perfectly pink.

If it was red, I could possibly see it. But its all pink. So perfect.

2 Likes

You are NOT nuts.

3 Likes

Was waiting for you to chime in!

2 Likes

Maybe we need a Big Ole Steak HO Down.

4 Likes

That’s what you should have done!

5 Likes

Twice a year my company participates in food shows. This is great for me as employees can buy from the broken boxes.
A relatively new item is Texas Wagyu Chuck Flap Tail Pieces, a by-product of trimming the Chuck Tail Flap. At half the price I jumped at the chance to buy a pack. Came in at around 9 lb for the pack.
This is a versatile cut from the shoulder close to where Chuck Short Ribs are from. It can be grilled, roasted, braised, Tartare, etc… l pan-fried and braised. Pan frying I preferred Medium as opposed to Medium-rare.
Braised with Carrots, Celery, Onion, Tomato Paste, Red Wine, Chicken Broth, Garlic, Herbs, Spices. Classic and Delicious.

11 Likes

Truly an under-appreciated and under-used cut.

2 Likes

The flap tail/denver is such a great cut - pro tip if you keep an eye out you can get ones that are marbled just as nicely as pictured at the regular supermarket. For those who don’t know you want to find the chuck piece with the most streaky fat, a cut in the streaks turn into spots and it’s not as good.

I have a piece of chuck in the freezer now, i should do something with that hehe

4 Likes

Just read about a new Mediterranean Steakhouse in North Brunswick, so I figured I’d share…

"Labebe Prime is a new Mediterranean Steakhouse concept that adds an innovative New American-Asian twist transporting you back to that feel-good era of the 1950’s in which the Matriarch herself, Labebe, raised her family.

Amidst their soft opening, the spotlight shines on the top tier prime meats. They are dedicated to delivering farm-to-table in every dish. Since joining forces with the esteemed Chef Duke Estime, a recipient of the prestigious James Beard award, LP has elevated its menu…

1 Like