The Big Ole NJ Steak Thread

What other purpose could lettuce serve?

1 Like

Since I no longer drink, that was a guest beverage of choice. There is a fully (overstocked since I stopped drinking) bar, including much red wine, to each their own!

EXACTLY!!! Though I have to admit, what use to be a decent “wow” factor salad, personal wedge, has turned into a bit of a luxury salad given the prices of a head of lettuce ($4,00) AND the extra thick bacon ($ 12 + lbs) salad suddenly turns into a $20 course. (honestly, I’m shocked at the cost of things these days)

5 Likes

I never get invited to the steak parties, only the sausage parties

3 Likes

Jr when did you quit drinking? The martinis are weeping my man. But I bet you’re feeling fantastic, I haven’t been drunk in about 3 weeks now (have had some drinks, just not to the point of inebriation) and wow what a huge difference. It’s the longest I’ve gone without being drunk in basically my entire adult life.

5 Likes

The pandemic just started getting out of hand with almost “daily drinking”. I got covid Christmas 21 / NY 2022 - so I quit Jan 1 20/2.

Feel fantastic, growing business and enjoying life. No judgement on anyone I had an epic run, but time for me to move on.

10 Likes

Probably saved a few shekels, too. Congrats!

2 Likes

Happy for you JR! That’s quite the big boy move.

1 Like

Costco “prime” ribeyes that were
ok. However, someone asked for their undercooked steak
(as pictured) sent back for a post grille sear. I almost refused, convinced that the only reason they reached “OK” status was the chef’s grilling acumen
 (they weren’t that bad), however
are these steaks undercooked?

1 Like

No way!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you. Case closed?

2 Likes

Absolutely NOT overcooked!!!

1 Like

Oooooo
onion rings! Homemade?
Not overcooked.
Don’t get upset with people that like their steaks cooked more. I used to have first dibs on the well done end pieces on my Mom’s broiled Flank steak. Your end piece looks great, as does the rest of the steak. Pass the salt please.
For me, really depends on the cut if I can eat it more on the rare side. Out I order Medium and usually is to my liking.

4 Likes

Note they asked about UNDERcooked.

IMO they look perfect :grin:

1 Like

Thanks! I meant undercooked and blame Señor Cuervo.

1 Like

Still heard this was Under-Cooked. Help me, tell me I’m not nuts.

5 Likes

They look perfect to me. The only people that would think that was undercooked are people that eat well done shoe leather.

6 Likes

Thank you EP.

1 Like

Do you need new friends/family members!

4 Likes

That meat may actually be a bit OVERcooked.

5 Likes

Who are these animals!? J/k

1 Like