The Big Ole NJ Steak Thread

Glad you enjoyed it

1 Like

Nice! I love skirt steak. What did you use for this marinade?

My marinade recipe:
3/4 C bourbon
1/2 C brown sugar
1/3 C soy sauce
2 T Worcester
1 tsp Tabasco
1 T Dijon
1 tsp cornstarch

3 Likes

That sounds great. Can’t wait to try it.

Agreed. Going to steal that one for my next marinade. Been loving soy and sugar lately London broil.

Cheers. Just be careful when grilling as it will burn easily if you don’t watch it.

1 Like

Oh, I know. I tried marinating steak in Drambuie a few years ago and it nearly ignited!

2 Likes

Someone on our local Nextdoor board just asked if anyone has been to Brennan’s for their Sunset Menu…any of you familiar with this?

It’s 3:30 to 5:30 daily and 3:30 to closing Sundays, I think. It sounds like a great deal. Glass of wine, soup or salad, entree, coffee and dessert for $21.95

Actual video of me during my first and only trip to Brennan’s. (In fairness it was probably 15 years ago)

2 Likes

After @gcaggiano coaxed me into a seafood platter last night I had to redeem my manly meat eaters card, so off to my favorite NYC steak house I went. I was a tad overdue for what I try to make my monthly pilgrimage to Empire Steakhouse, here was the results:

Apps:
Extra thick cut bacon
Shrimp cocktail
Crab cake (not pictured)

Entree:
Porterhouse for 2
Creamed spinach
Sautéed broccoli
(see I’m eating healthy)

An excellent meal as always!!! This is my happy place!!

(Sorry my picture quality sucks)

7 Likes

That pork belly looks serious! I think that picture is going to make me go to sleep

1 Like

Fathers Day Edition!!! I’m hosting, for this thread 2 prime tomahawk rib eyes, 1 - 3&1/2ibs prime porter house.

Other items: ribs (brought) - corn on cob - Italian green beans and sausage - chicken burgers - spicy dogs - regular dogs - sausage peppers onions (brought)

assorted apps : meat and cheese platter- fresh mozzarella tomatoes roasted peppers - jalapeño dip - pasta salad.

Happy Father’s Day to you all!

11 Likes

Looks incredible sir. Enjoy and have a great and happy Father’s Day. Same to all the dads and granddads here in HO!!
Ps if we truly were neighbors you would be seeing my
Dumb face sneaking a piece of steak somehow!!

1 Like

Dad of the year! Man that looks like quite a spread. Nicely done

2 Likes

You had all of that gorgeous food to make and prep to take care of for entertaining and still was gracious enough to take the time to answer my questions and to provide me with cooking instructions … an extra thank you

2 Likes

OFF THE HOOK GORGEOUS!!! What a feast!

1 Like

WOWWWWWW! Happy (late) Father’s Day to you and all the other dad’s! Hope everyone had a great day!!

1 Like

I can almost taste the steak coming off that grill!

Hope everyone had a happy father’s day!

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if this belonged in the the Steak thread or the Shop Rite Thread.
I was at the Wall (where it is really located)/Manasquan (the mailing address) Shop Rite on Route 34 yesterday when I noticed this new addition to their butcher counter.

I know nothing about Kobe or Wagyu but I thought someone else might be interested.

4 Likes

That’s exactly the same as our new Shop Rite in Shrewsbury!