The Big Ole NJ Steak Thread

Do you think chicken stock will remove the bitterness I still feel about the broken promise to “keep the concept the same” when What’s Your Beef was bought?

2 Likes

I’m not sure, let’s blanch Jen and see if it helps!!

2 Likes

throw in some celery too, we used to us that to remove some of this dankness when boiling the octopus whole back in my day in the kitchen.

1 Like

Picked this “prime” rib eye from the new Shop Rite in Shrewsbury for $16.99 per lbs. (prime NY Strips $13.99 per lbs) Since this thread is living up to its name; The BIG OLE’, I can’t find what Costco prices are, but I don’t think this is outrageous.

Sadly I forgot the after pic, or perhaps I ate it! Lol Sides were mashed cauliflower and General Tso’s cauliflower!

5 Likes

I’d eat it :wink:

1 Like

Cool video here. I’d like to eat a steak and have some beers with these guys.

2 Likes

I was wondering what ever happened to ZZ Top :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
That steak looks incredible.

Can’t argue with a prime T-bone @ $10.99lbs!

10 Likes

I picked up a cryo bag of prime ribeye from costco a couple days ago for a party. I think it was 10.50 a lb and very nicely marbled. Also got a chance to eat some of it raw which is always a treat!

2 Likes

Okay, steak lovers…this one’s for you! This is my friend Eric, who’s a trained chef. Enjoy! And follow him on FB for all kinds of exciting cooking demos and info.

4 Likes

Where do you sign up to eat what he cooks in the demos to provide feedback on the videos on whether or not it’s any good?

That would be directly through me. :grin:
You don’t think I’m only the cruise director for HO, do you??

2 Likes

LOOKS great…

Do you have any info on this new place? I didn’t see anything online

Nothing aside from having driven past it and iirc there was paper on the windows. I saw this post only because I follow the guy who did the (beautiful) wood work.

no pics- but had some filets from Costco last night, awesome as usual. First time having them a new way- as read on here, put them in oven first then pan seared at the end; came out really nice like that. Think I’ll be using this method from now on tbh.

3 Likes

12oz prime ny strip smothered in peppers and onions, side creamed spinach. Best $10 steak god I love my new Shop Rite!!

10 Likes

Cool video

1 Like

Compliments to Fernandes for this rib eye on a tile! Delicious as usual

7 Likes

One of the best dishes around!

1 Like