The Big Ole NJ Steak Thread

Shop Rite, not bad it certainly served its purpose!

No bacon or cheese on that potato? :smile:

Iā€™m a lots of butter and pepper guy.

Down here they put everything but the kitchen sink on them then throw in chopped BBQ, go figure.

Iā€™ll stick with mass quantities of butter and pepper and eat the skin, thank you.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree. Lots of butter is the ticket but I donā€™t mind sour cream on top. Iā€™m just fooling around with jr, he knows his way around a steak and potato!

1 Like

Amen! Butter and tons of black pepper. Maybe a dollop of sour cream.

2 Likes

Do you remember my story about my buddy and the tx brisket potato? Haha! That was a good one!

1 Like

Check this out. This actually seems like a really fair price for what I imagine is a good steak (if youā€™re into funky aged meat)

The Independent: LA restaurant offering steak aged for more than a year.

I canā€™t believe Iā€™m about to say this but $150 doesnā€™t seem like too much of a stretch for that steak. Does it come with salad and a side, if so Iā€™m in!!

1 Like

Considering the new Rumson place is asking 125 for a ribeye with no weight or aging listed, 150 for this does not seem too bad. A year is a wild. I wonder what this tastes like.

I just booked tickets folks. Jr and I are heading here. LAX here we come! Lol

2 Likes

Anyone try the steaks in Lidl yet? They had a nice ribeye the other day for under $8. Cannot remember the size, but it was large and probably would have been $12 in Shop Rite. Iā€™ve been there twice now browsing around and investigating for an article on their pricing and have walked out with a cart load of items each time.

1 Like

No but Iā€™m thrilled with the new Shop Rite, I got a 16oz American wagyu steak for $30. delicious!!!

3 Likes

No pic? Youā€™re killing me!

Since this was my vote for the Greggy I figured I should show it some love. Here is what the new Shop Right in Shrewsbury is offering:

Prime: $13-15.99 lbs
American Kobe/Wagyu $29.99

My last experience at Monmouth Meats was $99.99lbs for Japanese Kobe Strip. This was very overwhelming and I didnā€™t enjoy it.

This is my second time getting the American Kobe- Wagyu here and itā€™s a perfect mix between a prime steak and the Japanese Kobe. I really enjoyed this, 3-4 mins per side in cast iron pan was perfect. Only used a garlic salt combination and a little butter in the olive oil to cook it. Delicious!!

(I notice they must be doing the Kobe-Wagyu as a cooperative with Dearborn Farms)

Uploadingā€¦

6 Likes

Wow! that back pic of the ribeye looks awesome! I need to get over there and give this a shot. For 30 a pound that seems like a steal. I am on this. Thanks for the heads up.

Beautiful look steak and nice looking temp. Glad you enjoyed it

3 Likes

Ok so this isnā€™t really a ā€œbig steakā€ post but itā€™s on recent topics in this thread. So I made Rueben stuffed bread for Super Bowl and I noticed the corned beef was very fatty. Fast forward tonight I go to snack on some and I noticed the label: Wagyu Coned Beef? WTF?? Seriously?? Anyone else see this before? I know I dam sure didnā€™t order it, but at $9.99 itā€™s not like they are completely ripping you off.

So anyone familiar with Wagyu grade corned beef or other cold cuts?

1 Like

That looks like a nice buy at 9.99 a pound. I think you got a good deal. How was the taste? It looks very nice!

Got Snake River Wagyu from Costco at what I recall a reasonable price. This was about a year ago

Not enough fat. Wonā€™t buy again.

It tasted fine, good but not enough difference I would have noticed without reading the label.

I see the problem. It was Wagyu round, not brisket.

1 Like

My Korean-marinated flank steak from tonight. Served with baked potato slices topped with bacon, cheddar, and scallions.

flanksteak

bakedpotato

6 Likes