The Big Ole NJ Steak Thread

So Shrimpfest this Friday at RL in Oakhurts for lunch would be out?

It would be out regardless how fat or semi-fat I am! lol

1 Like

You can do it!!

Are we at all surprised that a group of food loving people all have a few extra pounds on us?

So maybe no big Hodown this month?

Haha. Some of us have to wear the badge of honor.

1 Like

Go for it, please do NOT sacrifice for me. Iā€™m just being honest Iā€™ve been on a good roll of over indulging and have to cut back but that is NO reason not to continue the momentum of the Hoā€™downs. Depending on where it is I might still join, if nothing else top by afterward to say hello. Maybe with my absence @VikingKaj will come out of his shell.

Or, in my case, the walk of shame.

Or more accurately, ā€œthe waddle of shameā€

3 Likes

We could also go somewhere with healthier choices (Greek or other Mediterranean options come to mind)ā€¦likeā€¦dinner at Bayroot, which Iā€™ve been meaning to do?

I am flattered at the willingness of everyone to accommodate me, truth is there are healthy options anywhere. I canā€™t think of one place we have gone to that you canā€™t find a reasonable dish at. So please make whatever plans you want or have previously discussed. Thank you for being as conscientious as you are being.

1 Like

The garlic shrimp are a not as bad option.

2 Likes

So now we know why you look so grim here

Itā€™s not just Eliā€¦

Youā€™re starving.

1 Like

Heyā€¦thatā€™s MY line about being able to find healthy food on any menu!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I hear you jr. Iā€™ve been doing it for like a year. It sucks but after a while it pays off.

So folks, where should I get my next steak (somewhere new)

Iā€™m thinking grand tavern, blu gratto, or the ribeye at woodys. I thought the strip at woodys was decent so Iā€™d be willing to give the ribeye at whirl.

1 Like

Give woodys a try you wonā€™t be disappointed.

1 Like

Yeah one of these days I will get there for that ribeye. Thatā€™s on my list. Maybe my next steak outting will find me there. Has anyone had the Tramas dry aged ribeye?

@joonjoon any badass ribeyes in AP lately? When the hell is AP going to get a Korean joint? We need one before we get into this nuclear war :smile:

1 Like

Grilled Loin Lamb Chops with fresh herbs.

They are like a little porterhouse.

3 Likes

Daaaayum that looks good!

1 Like

I love those things. What kind of herbs? I always wonder why they arenā€™t more popular on menus.

1 Like