The Big Ole NJ Steak Thread

Can we ride them?

1 Like

Can confirm oak hill farms is cool spot. Kids enjoy it.

Have heard great things about food across the street but every time we look to go they are closed or closing

1 Like

We like it. It’s small though and there are only a handful of tables. We go early so never had a problem. Family friendly, very fresh.

2 Likes

Since the steak thread has morphed into a hot honey thread, I thought I’d share this… I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m planning to put it on some roasted carrots this week. $2.99 a bottle.

3 Likes

This stuff is really good over bacon.

5 Likes
1 Like

Played around with ribeye butter basted and reverse seared on charcoal. Both good :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Last time I got London broil it was tough
Don’t seem to have much luck with that cut. Rather do strip or flank and still get rare

1 Like

A weak part of my cooking game is steak. Took another shot. NZ Angus Kansas City Strip. Pretty tasty. Shrimp was better. Grilled Gulf Shrimp tossed in butter, garlic and scallions.

10 Likes

Update because it was a big discussion in this thread… I’m LOVING the TJ’s hot honey! 3 ingredients: honey, vinegar, and chilis.

2 Likes

Getting better with the KC Strip. Real tasty over the charcoal, and the grass-fed beef has so much flavor I only hit it with garlic salt before, and a little regular salt after slicing.
The Chimichurri and Criolla I usually eat with salad as they hide the flavor of the beef. Mushrooms with garlic and fries with smoked paprika aioli.

13 Likes

I’ll be the first to admit since inflation has gone crazy even I can’t justify “prime aged / Wagyu” prices these days. Well the wife and kids are away, so I shall play.

They had Wagyu rib eye @ $49 per lbs so I had one cut on the 1ibs mark, kudos to the butcher on his skill. Then I noticed they added an aging mini-fridge, so I inquired. He should me some pre-cut so I picked the smallest one out.

Perfect medium rare, finished in garlic butter and rosemary. Stuffed potato and left over garlic bread.

Monday a launch my newest “brand” - so I’ve been kicking my ass to make our launch date so I deserve the splurge. Might go have a cigar and fart in the hot-tub. Wish me luck! This shit doesn’t get any easier as we get older.

Commence with the meat sweats!

(FYI this was Shop Rite Shrewsbury, sorry Stu)

14 Likes

We see the beef.

1 Like

Nice socks.

1 Like

Had dinner party over the weekend, a bunch of meat eaters so I gave them what they wanted.

Prime porterhouse and rib eyes. Two of each, (there was another platter) for 8 of us. Double stuffed potatoes and steamed broccoli spears with garlic and white wine.
(I tried to get my feet in this photo, but everyone complained when I put my feet on the table)

14 Likes

“(I tried to get my feet in this photo, but everyone complained when I put my feet on the table)”

No doubt some smarty pants complained you were serving shoe leather instead of a proper steak.

3 Likes

Why does my invitation keep getting lost JR?? Another steak party I missed??

1 Like

Same problem

1 Like

White wine with steak? Tsk tsk

1 Like

To be fair it looks like that’s the salad course

1 Like