The big ole NJ Meatball Parmigiana Thread

Mine too. I’ll bring some twinkies and zima if it’s not too late

3 Likes

Mmm, gravy.

1 Like

I have some very good intel that this spot has a rocking meatball parm

Beef, pork & turkey. Finely chopped home grown basil, thyme, oregano and parsley. Stale eyetalian bread soaked in heavy cream. Vidalia unyon. Garlick. An egg. Parmesan. Salt n peppah. And a few secret ingredienz.

Cooked in a red gravy with garlick, EVO, more Vidalia, fresh thyme and fresh basil. Salt n peppah. And a few secret ingredienz.

1 Like

Looks awesome…I’m diggin the basil leaves.

Why turkey though? Are you just trying to cut out some fat ?

Ground veal $ 7.99 a lb.

Turkey $ 2.88 for 20 oz.

The math seemed simple enough and to tell the truth the meatballs tasted just fine.

1 Like

I’ve never tried turkey in meatballs. I do some turkey chili sometimes. I like to add some beef bullion cubes to get some beefy flavor and/or cut it with sausage.

I’m hoping you can try the mangia parm. I hear it is a solid sandwich.

We need a report on Joanne’s parm too. I haven’t had one of those in ages. I hope she is doing well.

Very pleased with the meatball parm delivered from Olivia’s in Little Silver. Served on their “signature Brooklyn bread,” which was perfect for this sandwich: crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Sauce was good, not too sweet or salty. Meatballs were good. I’d give it a solid B+.

I was too hungry to take the time for a picture. Sorry!

2 Likes

So today we have this gorgeous beast thanks to Florham Park Pizza:

What’s good: Nice crispy italian bread, delicious beefy meat balls and lots of them, tangy sauce and plenty of cheese.

What’s not so good: No discernable flaws, this was a delishus sandwich.

Price: 12 " for $ 7.75 tax included.

Grade: A

Would order again: Definitely.

2 Likes

I don’t know why garlic bread meatball parm isn’t a thing. It needs to be.

1 Like

Definitely has always been a requirement of mine when ordering an eggplant parm hero.
Makes it so much better :slight_smile: unless they use that shit fake garlic

1 Like

Joon a place called Tre Calore in middletown has the godmother and godfather. Chicken parm with vodka sauce, mozz and garlic bread. The other is the meatball version but same style. They even have a passable cheese steak here and some fat sandwiches.

VIK, this is calling your name. Perhaps maybe try the regular one to compare first…who knows. Just eat lol. I had the chicken parm one and liked it.

Is there more than one Tre Calore, we ordered delivery from the one in/near Hazlet
My sister and I ordered a prosciutto hero and a couple of other items
from them … the prosciutto, I have no words, you’ve been warned!

I am only aware of one in middletown. I’ve been there dozens of times. I’ve never had a bad meal there but then again, I only order charcuterie from a specialty deli. I’m prettty snobby when it comes to cured meats. If you want some good prosciutto the di Parma from Giannas in Atlantic highlands is really tasty and talercios in middletown. I get a sub with di parma, fresh mozz, and roasted peppers that is awesome.

We actually were staying in Middletown, so that is the one we ordered from… Yuck
I wasn’t expecting earth shattering prosciutto, but I was expecting prosciutto, not that horrible mess of processed I don’t know what. I did have great pizza though from a place in a strip mall that makes the thin squarish pies :slight_smile:

That might be Luigis. In fact, I’d bet that is where that is from.

2 Likes

Yes, thx that is where we picked up the pizza. My sister who used to live in the area said it was good and that I would like it, she was right.

1 Like

Wait a minute…Luigi’s in Lincroft? Tucked away in a strip mall? That Luigi’s? It’s no where near Tre Colore, correct? (or is there another Luigi’s?)

1 Like