The big ole NJ Meatball Parmigiana Thread

We were touring her previous homes … she lived in NJ for years.
We didn’t cover half of them. There is more than one, this was just pizzeria it was Hazlet.
We toured Homedale and the surrounds, I liked keyport

1 Like

Jr it’s Luigis in hazlet.

1 Like

Didn’t know there was one in Hazlet, learn something new every day!

1 Like

You know, I got myself almost the sandwich you described (Chicken parm w vodka sauce) once… I was so excited. I was like man, if regular 'ol chicken parm is that good…how great must it be with vodka sauce…

Nope. It was nowhere near as good as the classic chick parm. It was really missing the zing from the pure tomato goodness.

Having said that if I’m in the area I will give this one a try!! That garlic bread. Mmm.

1 Like

Luigis consistently putting out some of the best pizza in the area!!

1 Like

Luigis in Hazlet?? I didn’t know that either. I thought we were talking about the one in Little Silver! What’s up with all these independent Luigis putting out the same square pie? Hahah

2 Likes

To quote @NotJrvedivici, “Eeuuwww !”

2 Likes

It’s a conspiracy for sure! Ohhhh “Red Square” pies? Sound like the Russian’s are behind it to me!!

2 Likes

Well the godless Chinese Communists are definitely responsible for all the Fujianese refugees running the bad sushi joints in our area.

Do you bad sushi is a communist plot?

Tell us how you really feel about Fujianese sushi joints…

1 Like

Naw, I’ve vented my spleen on that topic elsewhere. I’m all ranted out.

Here are some interesting articles though:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2016/09/29/the-fascinating-story-behind-who-opens-sushi-restaurants-and-why/

I think my problem is that I have had really good sushi in Japan. As a result, I am always comparing what I get here to my memory of what sushi should be, and the stuff we get in Jersey just doesn’t stack up well.

Although I have never been I’m told pizza in Italy is not what we are use to here as well. I believe most dishes that are brought here from other cultures have a way of becoming “Americonized”, I don’t assume sushi is any different. The reason(s) are as varied as the cultures they come from but it does seem that we American’s have a way of ruining a lot of things.

By the way, I have absolutely nothing against the Fujianese whatsoever.

They are generally speaking a hard working and thrifty lot.

And I can’t blame them if they want to have a second child without going to prison or having a forced abortion.

I’m just not crazy about the weird stuff they call sushi.

@corvette_johnny I know you are a big fan of Tre Coloré. And I have tried them a couple of times and suffered gastrointestinal distress afterwards. I know I have a sensitive colon, and you probably have a cast iron tract.

So I may give them one more try, but if it ends badly the will be outside the circle if trust forever.

One bite of that pizza and you know that is not true! :wink:

Football Sunday means meatballs for breakfast!! Sonny boy is coming home to watch the Giants game with his old man. I’m sending him back with enough gravy, meatballs and chili for all the TKE boys!

6 Likes

Well let’s hope the Cowgirls don’t end up reverse riding the Giants. :wink:

1 Like

Man the Giants didn’t look good. How much food did your son take home? Lol. Nice lookin pics

Are those habanero peppers I see in the chili?

The Giants have issues that’s for sure. He took two large containers of each back with him.

Lucky kid! I still can’t fathom how elliot got to play last night. That’s bs. They would have still lost but what a mess of a situation that is.