Thanksgiving 2020

Very smoothly indeed! What time and how many are you serving?

Rabbit in the pot with aromatics . Ready for the bottle of Sauvignon blanc. Some for me also. And water . Simmer for a couple hours. Long way to go . Got to make the crust for the pot pie . Prepped the ham that’s going to go into the potatoes au gratin. .I’m loving this . Breakfast was wheat thins with Danish blue cheese and champagne . Cheers .

13 Likes

Yay! That’s one of the most important parts!

My recurring question; What time and how many are you serving?

My husband is helping me “reduce” the turkey stock by testing it with the peas and rice, which he is also “reducing”.

Latest pics. May have gone to far with the turkey breast. Homer Simpson dohhhh.

10 Likes

Just one other . I’m a super slow . With all the slurps in between. I allowed myself 10 hrs . This could even go longer. I’m prepared. Lol . Happy Thanksgiving.

2 Likes

Progress on pies - apple, pumpkin, chocolate, cherry cream cheese and pecan. They’re mostly small pies - 6-7 inches. The DDs will be getting some tomorrow.

The turkey is wearing a striped summer dress. I forgot the mask, oh no! Just finished the potatoes, and will start on the broccoli casserole. We will eat about 5.

17 Likes

@Lambchop, beautiful pies!

Done! Successful downsizing.

8 Likes

Beautiful @shrinkrap & I hope you got your appetite back!

1 Like

I did! :plate_with_cutlery: (clean plate club)

Happy Thanksgiving, HOs! Our meal for two turned out beautifully. Duck two ways (confit leg/thigh and seared breast) was the winner for me, DH’s favorite was the mash and gravy as usual. I had stuffing vacuum sealed in the freezer from last year and happily, it reheated beautifully! Two people=two pies. I scaled way back on quantities so other than pie, leftovers are minimal.

15 Likes

Another Thanksgiving for two. Limited pre-dinner nibbles. Bubbly. SUPER chicken.

Mandatory sides = separately baked stuffing, mashed potatoes, braised fennel, cranberry sauce, GRAVY.

Pumpkin pie for those with room. I’ll wait til tomorrow for mine.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

14 Likes

Wow Lambchop! What a beautiful bunch of pies! And you made them
all​:clap: :clap:.
I feel done In by one pie!

1 Like

Tasty dinner for one: turkey breast from local farm, stuffing with mushrooms, celery and leeks, gravy made from very rich turkey stock I made last weekend, butter braised carrots and leeks, creamed kale, red wine cranberry sauce from NYT (keeper recipe, sooo good!).

19 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We were a table of 5 down from a usual group of 10-12. Was kind of nice, I was actually able to talk with everyone for a change. Family zoom early evening was more fun than I anticipated but we were all drinking buy then so that might of helped.
Stay safe and well, wash your hands and wear a mask. This could all be over soon with any luck.

14 Likes

Just my sister’s family and us so 6 instead of the usual 20 or so, but we cooked for 20.
Sour cream clam dip, baked oyster casserole, sausage-apple stuffing made with rosemary focaccia, scalloped potatoes, cranberry-lingonberry sauce, little gem salad and standing rib roast. For dessert we had chocolate coffee cheesecake with amaretto cookie crust, pecan pie, homemade whipped cream and Humphry Slocum ice cream - Vietnamese coffee, corn flake and chocolate caramel sea salt.
Going to cook a turkey tonight to have with leftover stuffing and for sandwiches.

15 Likes

I got a little over-ambitious, but nothing went wrong, the hot food stayed hot (that’s what I was most concerned about), and the two of us will probably take the next month to go through the leftovers.

Wedge salad with blue cheese dressing, tomato bisque (not pictured), mac & cheese, Brussels sprouts slaw, mashed potatoes , Dungeness crab, Trader Joe’s cranberry sauce, medium-sized H’s cheddar scones and McDonald’s-style apple hand pie and pumpkin hand pie.

IMG_6339
IMG_6332
IMG_6342

19 Likes

I’m not a picture-taker, but mom and I had a great meal. Salad, turkey, green beans roasted with garlic and olive oil, potatoes au gratin, dinner rolls with cinnamon, stuffing. I’m sure I’m forgetting a few items.

We started with Poinsettias and finished with amaretto coffee with dessert (a decadent ice cream dish from a local restaurant) Unlike @biondanonima and @Lambchop and @Elsieb I have never mastered the art of pie making :crying_cat_face:

13 Likes

I don’t celebrate any “day” but I do enjoy looking at (and hearing about) what you have made and especially the effort you put into it. Everything looks fabulous. I hope next year things will be back to (nearly) what it used to be and you’ll enjoy the meal together with your loved ones again.

Thank you!

Thought you might like this:

Thanksgiving04

11 Likes

Looks amazing!

Hey! Where from?

1 Like

Thanks!

My local fish market, Essex Pearl. They also had live uni the other day, which I bought along with some oysters. Probably my most expensive seafood week in a while.

3 Likes

Are they from Washington? I know the season is delayed…again… around here (N. Cal)

1 Like