Thank you food

For me, a Thank-You item for someone who provided a service and went above and beyond (i.e a mechanic, car salesman, plumber, etc) has always been a case of beer or bottle of whatever spirit they drink. Jack Daniel’s is a good one (if they like whiskey). Not cheap, not expensive.

2 Likes

So very true and welcome! :sun_with_face:

You literally cut and pasted from the FOOD wikipedia page. This new poster is totally mocking the site . (Kinda funny actually)

:upside_down_face::upside_down_face: But it’s still very nice to be informed of these matters!! (Don’tcha know) I’d just like to add that the food chain is very, very ugly, but on land, we humans are at the very top! When in the ocean, we are part of the food chain. It’s why I only swim in pools, except for wading. Wanted to do my part to ensure everyone was aware of this very fact lol. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Actually this not his first post. The one I saw may have been flagged and removed. I remember the link in his profile.

Yep…Money talks !!!

My first take on it actually, was that it was someone practicing their English, but I did actually laugh out loud when I read it. Proceeded to read it to H, and he said “but it’s true isn’t it?” well yeah hon, but…:joy::joy:

:grin::joy:

I agree that cash tips are best, but the staff in my apt building has never not been happy to receive food. That’s always an extra, though. Not instead of cash.

That said, they’ve appreciated cookies, pound cake (less messy that frosted), and in peak summer I’ve even cut up a huge watermelon into wedges for them. Taking napkins (and disposable plates / bowls / whatever) is helpful. There is often some form of gifted food around, so other tenants must do this too.

I know the people, but not their food preferences / allergies / constraints. But I have never received anything other than big smiles and profuse thanks when I’ve collected the empty dish.