Tacos Where You Live

It’s good pop. I don’t get the Mandarin since I dislike orange pop and Creamsicles, but I like the cola, fruit punch and a couple other flavours

The grapefruit takes me back to my kiddiehood.

Do you do tamarind? Tamarind soda knocked me off kilter when I first saw it.

I agree, hence calling it a cubano on a menu is in no way a red flag since it is the completely accepted name in Miami.

I like tamarind in candy and pad thai. I’m not sure I want a bottle of tamarind pop. I’ve had Mexican tamarind drink, as well as jamaica /hibiscus drink.

It’s sticky sweet but delicious. Tamarind snow cones are my favorite

2 Likes

I’ve never had one but thought these (paletas?) were so pretty!

7 Likes

I like tamarind in Pina Colada (with or without the rum, but obviously rum preferred :blush:)

2 Likes
2 Likes

That is what my inlaws call “sorrel”! So interesting, how that plant gets around.

Oh wait…tacos!

4 Likes

I just had ginger jamaica tea 4 hours ago. Jamaica looks so alluring, then has almost no taste.

Tamarind has its place, another earthy addition to things, and, when sweetened, pretty palatable.

1 Like

More about that sandwich.

Oh wait. Tacos!

2 Likes

The Cuban thread starts with @Phoenikia on July 16th.
Perhaps @naf could split out the posts.

I don’t know that it’s important. I just thought of this thread when brokenpalate popped up in my mailbox.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this into mod’s attention. Cultural board is moderated by @gaffk, she will have a look at the request.

1 Like

1 Like

Sub story about the Pioneer Woman organization and their revival of the flatiron building in the background.
:cowboy_hat_face:

This will sound odd but one thing i like about Cabo is that the fishing boat touts appear to be comfortable if not relatively well off by Mexican standards.
I walk a lot in less than wealthy areas and seeing touts that really “need” to make a sale is different from touts that really “want” to make a sale. Cabo touts are the type that want to convince you to go fishing.
I greet fishing touts when they make their pitches and tell them i get sick on small boats but i hope they have a great week. And then i greet them again the next day, repeat.
The touts in Cabo (most of them) seem to like to see a familiar face even if they aren’t going fishing, maybe because they don’t “need” to make a sale right then.
In Honduras, Malaysia and Cambodia they seemed almost desperate to get you on the boat.
Just my two cents.

Those do look good

1 Like

Westwood Village location

2 Likes