Survey: CHOWHOUND or not CHOWHOUND?

Hey! I didn’t withdraw anything??

1 Like

Stop talking to yourself…

1 Like

I can’t help it, it’s the voices they never stop.

4 Likes

I shouldn’t listen to the voices, but sometimes they have such great ideas

2 Likes

I think slowly but surely most of us are moving away from it. Seems a lot of the posts are from new Onion members who initially want to vent just like we did.

I do await the day CH sinks though and hope a certain person goes down with it. :smiling_imp: .

1 Like

Be careful what you wish for, Tom.

If it does sink, then the archives of all those restaurant recommendations sink with it. It will be a severe loss, particularly for those of us who travel.

4 Likes

Then we’ll buy it.

1 Like

I agree, Harters. Whenever I traveled I looked there for recommendations. It would be a shame to lose those archives.

Here we have a chance to return to a user-based approach - moving away from the monolith that evolved. You should be a part of shaping what we will do. The best future requires diverse users and points of view. Particularly those who will call “Bullshit” on excess and self-defeating indulgence.

5 Likes
  1. Home cooking
  2. cookware
  3. Regional boards for where I travel.

I am extremely pleased to see the amount of experience and passion here and look forward to seeing the community grow and flourish. A big thank you to Sam for reaching out!!

2 Likes

1 - Yes
2 - Yes
3 - Toss up between Home Cooking & General

THANK YOU for this site!!! I started to panic when I saw CH’s new format & immediately thought…NO, not you too!! Like others have said, it is a mess. CH, as well as many other sites, are over thinking it. Simplicity is a strength in the era of information overload.

4 Likes

I believe I remember that whole episode. Welcome, Mise, to a place that’s 95% drama free. You won’t find hundreds of posts per hour, but you will find enthusiastic, sincere posters looking to share their passion for things food-related.

2 Likes
  1. Yes
  2. Not yet, but I plan to
  3. Regional - SE USA, Italy
1 Like

1- Yes from CH
2 - Spending much more time here than CH
3 - I would like the regional CT Board to be the most interesting and we are building to that end. Currently the General and Home Cook Boards are the most interesting

1 Like

1- yes. Never posted much but have been reading for years.
2- yes. Gave up on CH and started reading egullet and HO was mentioned. So glad to have found so many of you here!
3- home cooking, general, cookware.

Welcome Gina!!! Glad to have you join our ranks! Please enjoy what you see, and if you feel you have something to add please feel free to join the conversation!! (who am I kidding even if you don’t have anything to add feel free to join the conversation, I never let that stop me!!)

1 Like

Yes from CH
don’t spend any time on CH , now
Home cooking

1 Like
  1. Yes, I made my way here from Chowhound. Glad to have found you all again!
  2. I just joined today but I haven’t been using Chowhound much recently, so I imagine I will be here much more frequently now.
  3. Home Cooking (and Special Diets), although I did visit General and Not About Food a good bit.
3 Likes

Yes, yes, cooking/NYC

1 Like

Yes from CH, couldn’t deal with the new format.
No never banned but had a few posts removed and a couple emails telling me I was a naughty girl.

I like the Florida boards and the General and Not About Food.