Spring 2022 (Apr-Jun) Dish of the Quarter - NOMINATIONS

BCOTQ - there used to be one, I hope they love it over

Dish of the month would have a baked item every so often and it was great fun to have all the bakers join in — those were prolific months!

3 Likes

I’ve had them small (app size - 2-3”) and medium (lunch size if you add a salad - plus one more :rofl: - say 4”?)

1 Like

Thanks for this @MelMM

1 Like

I don’t claim to be an expert, but I have only seem them as small, individual-serving pies.

1 Like

Was just on the Chowhound site and it looks like the closing date has been moved to March 28th.

Yes, it has, but I’m still trying to pull content and the site is being very, very difficult. Lots of errors loading pages, long waits for a page to load (if it ever does), and pages loading incompletely. It’s pretty frustrating.

1 Like

Drove me nuts this morning.

2 Likes

I’ve been unsuccessful getting into CH site at all this weekend. I’ve now just deleted that bookmark.

1 Like

If there’s anything you want to access, now is an opportune time, because the site is moving much more like normal for me at the moment, but I don’t know how long that will last.

2 Likes

Also nominate RICE PUDDING.

1 Like

I’ve been getting a “403 Forbidden” error trying to connect over wifi to chowhound for 3 days. I can connect via cellular so it looks like my ISP has just blocked chowhound. Frustrating as I had a couple more things I wanted to copy but have now just given up.

SFIHA/FATAYER
SWEET YEASTED BREADS
PANISSE
GNUDI
RICE PUDDING
FLAN

And a full sentence too.

2 Likes

I’d go for
SFIHA / FATAYER / MIDDLE EASTERN HAND PIES
PANISSE / PANELLE / CHICKPEA “FRIES”
DINNER ROLLS
RUSSIAN SALAD

1 Like

I nominate HOT DOG / CHORIPAN / SONORAN HOT DOG

1 Like

+2 on @Phoenikia
BBQ season is coming up so

SAUSAGES/HOTDOGS

1 Like

I nominate:

RICE PUDDING

Thank you all for your participation! I narrowed the nominations down to the three options with the most mentions in this thread - the voting thread is here: Spring 2022 (Apr-Jun) Dish of the Quarter - VOTING Looking forward to cooking with you all this quarter!