Southern Oregon

I have many friends living in Southern Oregon, including a close friend that is relocating to Grant’s Pass this summer. The others live in Roseburg and Shady Cove. The only place I’ve eaten there was Kalidescope Pizza in Medford. They put out nice pies and their Hungarian Mushroom soup is sublime. I’ve made it at home from a recipe from the first Moosewood cookbook. Identical! I do recognize I’m dating myself here…anyway, lovely part of the world.

2 Likes

Forgive my shitty eye sight, but is that a road ? If so, that’s nuts! Hope you guys make out ok

1 Like

It was US101 along the SO coast. It will significantly screw up N/S traffic for the next year, probably.

2 Likes

Had dinner at Blue Toba in Ashland tonight - delicious! Loved the lime leaf in the rice, and the chicken gulai had a good amount of spice.

2 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Went to Agave in Ashland tonight, I enjoyed both the duck and the carnitas tacos, as well as the obviously-housemade chips with guacamole. Could have eaten more but peer pressure made me stop at 3.

2 Likes

I hope y’ enjoyed the Chocolate Festival.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

I did, thanks! Sales were good and it’s a fun crowd. A friend came with me so I made her try Lithia water … still awful! Back on the road after breakfast.

1 Like

Someone from the C of C must have shown her around town.

2 Likes

Cool little restaurant tour. Thank you for posting.

1 Like

There are funky and inventive flavors and chefs/restaurants around town; she summarized a visitors fine dining options (and missed a few) which is okay. I’d say we’re conscious of not being Aspen or Jackson Hole but a real working town and that everyday deliciousness and inventiveness is missing in this report.
But I’m quibbling.

1 Like

What is C of C? Change of Command?

1 Like

Chamber of Commerce

Duh! I should have been able to figure that out. Now I get what you are saying.

1 Like

More travel news…
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Drew Kelly

Meet the undiscovered wine country of your dreams

Rachel Levin

all kinds of grapes thrive.

“We can ripen anything,” Southern Oregon winemakers joke, and judging from the wide array of varieties found here—in this sprawling land of 150 microclimates across three river valleys, high desert, and mountains—it’s true.

ME: That’s an amazing comment.

3 Likes
1 Like

Coffee and pastries are 1st rate.
Looking forward to the nighttime place.

1 Like
1 Like