Sonic Hedgedogs

Alone I agree, however on top of a dirty water dawg with some spicy mustard and kraut, that’s as NY as the Lady Liberty herself.

Agreed JR. Plus I make my own version of those hot dog onions that blows the jarred stuff away.

1 Like

I’m more a Chicago dog with sport peppers kinda guy myself:

Heathen!

Nope. Transplant.

So who has the best chili dogs/Coney islands around here?

The Windmill locations are my favorite place to grab a good dog in our area. Red Bank is the closes, however the actual Windmill in Long Branch is a local iconic spot.

FWIW there is a new hot dog place in the Shop Rite Plaza in Neptune on 33, Sonny’s(?) Hot Dogs. Next to the I-Hop in the same plaza.

How do you feel about Stewarts?

Rootbeer or Hotdogs? Rootbeer I LOVE, the hotdogs I enjoy for sentimental reasons more than actually liking them. I use to go with my grandparents and parents a lot as a child so there are a ton of curb side dining memories associated with Stewarts. The dogs themselves are a bit too small for my liking, nothing wrong with them, I just prefer more beef to my bite.

They are now selling a 12 inches and have chili cheese fries too.

With a frosty mug.

I am jonesing for a good chili cheese dog.

I haven’t been to a Stewart’s in ages, back when the Highlands location was swinging and I think that went downhill in the later years iirc.

I love a windmill dog and the chili cheese dogs are top notch. I also like Dans in Atlantic highlands. 3 of those is a nice lunch. RIP Dan…awesome guy.

The thing that kind of irks me about the windmill is I can replicate their dogs for the most part and not pay 5 bucks a piece for them. Most know this, but they sell them packaged at certain grocery stores. However, team that dog with some cheese fries and things change :slight_smile: I like to cook them over charcoal too…along with every other meat in the world.

Does windmill do chili cheese dogs ?

Not sure they are on the menu but I’ve never had anyone say no. The chili cheese fries are good too.

Well there is one right over the bridge here in the plaza by WaWa and Crates so I will have to check.

WaWa by the way has awesome ice cream if you need some in the middle of the night. High butter fat content, better than most of the national brands.

1 Like

Yeah wawa is a good late night junk food spot. The windmill is open to 2 I think on Fri and Sat night. Red Bank should get a grease truck where gus is. That place would dominate late night with bar people

1 Like