Sonic Hedgedogs

One in RB closes at 10 pm. They do have chili cheese dogs and fries.

I would love to open a taco truck next to gus. It would clean up.

Gus doesn’t have chili cheese dogs does he?

The windmill in Long Branch is opened well past 2am. I’ve closed the Avenue a few times and did a Windmill run afterwards, at least 3am.

The red bank one definitely used to be open really late on Fri and sat. Maybe things changed

Gus doesn’t have chili cheese but dans does. It’s wiz though so I think you’re anti wiz.

I don’t remember the thread that I was talking about my jonsing for spicy dogs from Delicious Orchards, I went on Labor Day but the were closed. I went back today and got my fix!!:+1:

Is that Wiz, or is it mustard, on the one doggie?

Top dog has sharp cheddar on it, however due to a handling mishap the dog took a spill on the grill during its removal and half the cheese stayed on the grill.

What, no Yoshi grill mat? That’s gonna smell till you get it burned off.

But kudos for not whizzing on your dog !

I have a char-broil " infared" grill, once the cheese falls below the cooking grate, onto the infared gate it burns immediately. Speaking of which I need to replace those grates after this season.

So basically you have a self nuking grill that cleans itself with radiation ?

That’s cool. I want one.

1 Like

Not JR, grilling. Please note the skillful use of the grill tongs:

jr., Mr. RBI and I were at Delicious Orchards yesterday specifically to pick up a package of D’Artagnan Lamb Merguez. It’s the only place in these parts that carries them.

I always grill them. Accompaniment was couscous mixed with cinnamon, cumin, dried apricots and prunes, almonds, pine nuts, and cilantro. I didn’t take any photos yesterday, but here are a few I took previously.

(Note: That’s my indoor grill. Yesterday, I used our outdoor grill.)

(Note: With ratatouille instead of couscous)

1 Like

Little known fact about D’artagnan is that if you call them they will hold your order for pickup at their facility with no shipping charges. They used to be in Newark just north of the airport, but they got a new facility in Union last year. The pick up is handy around holidays, or if you need something special for a dinner party.

Btw ShopRite in Middletown also carries some D’artagnan items, and will special order others if you ask.

Yes, I know some supermarkets carry D’Artagnan products, including the Wegmans near our house. But not the merguez. Even if ShopRite in Middletown does carry it, it’s less convenient for me than D.O. which is a quick 15 minute zip down 18. The only other D’Artagnan product I buy occasionally is duck magret which Wegmans does carry.

I get the venison, wild boar, and foie gras occasionally and it is usually easier to order these for direct pick up.