Snack Attack, homemade

Yeah, I share your hesitation over the pans. First time I have used one. The teflon ones bothered me more and I don’t plan on frying donuts. I must admit, the donuts cooked in 9 minutes and popped out without any issue.

My neighbors 6 yr old just gifted me a fluffernutter rice krispie bar. It sure looks tempting…

9 Likes

Charity in the heart of a six year old. How great is that.

4 Likes

Pretty darn great and their Fluffernutter skills are spot on!

2 Likes

I would eat that. That’s a great idea! Add protein to it so it’s “healthy”… :grin:

1 Like

Another version included covering the smooth pb topping with chopped peanuts or fresh cut up berries. They all worked. I’m an almond butter freak so I’d go there too.

2 Likes
  1. Ritz or similar cracker, like TJ’s 12Grain. Top with a thin slice of Granny Smith or other firm, tart apple, then lay a small slice of Swiss or Cheddar over it and microwave until melted. Eat them warm.

2. Rice Krispie treats including real white chocolate chips and your choice of dried or freeze-dried fruit bits. I like banana and pineapple. You can sub melted virgin coconut oil for butter.

3. Remove 1 to 2 pounds of seedless grapes from their stems. Rinse, put into a large freezer bag. Sprinkle with a packet of the flavored gelatin mix of your choice. Shake the bag to coat evenly, keep in freezer. To serve, portion into bowls and let sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before eating. Very refreshing, and a special favorite this year because the friend who introduced me to them succumbed to cancer 6 months ago.

2 Likes

Not sure how I forgot to shoot my own photo but these nibbles were really good… I used a combo of almonds and walnuts.

And this quick fix crunchy snack mix is next from a magazine.

3 Likes

Pistachio-matcha-coconut energy balls for my wife. Request.

6 Likes

Homemade apple chips. Nothing but cinnamon added and a low temp oven.

8 Likes

I’m sorry you lost your friend. I am a lucky survivor of stage 3 breast cancer. So far, so good…

2 Likes

That is pretty.

I think I’d use cardamom to flavour mine (I find cinnamon overpowers everything. I’m highly sensitive to the smell of it). Now if only I’m brave enough to use the mandoline…

I think cardamom would be delicious. Our mandoline has a large hand guard.

1 Like

$2.99/bag, made in Alaska. Anyone find these locally?
Salmon skin chips. Curious how hard these would be to recreate at home.

1 Like

Have a look at this site:

I’ve made them myself even before it was a thing. Must have accidentally deleted the photo but you can see half the plate of it. Yellow shavings are salt-cure yolk.

There are many brands now in Asia. I have only tried Golden Duck’s. Very good and very expensive. (Posted the photo on Potato Chip Flavour thread)

https://www.womensweekly.com.sg/food/cooking-tips/the-best-salted-egg-yolk-potato-chips-and-fish-skin-in-singapore/

1 Like

Thanks!

Sweet potato and parsley hummus. The greens took over. Nice and creamy. Next time s-pot only.

2 Likes

Ginger-pecan granola for the Mrs.

1 Like

7 / 1. Thursday. Our snacks are more savoury verses sweet and are based on fresh seasonal fruits and cheeses. ! This is Goat Cheese Ricotta with Rasberries and it is called MATO, A DESSERT DALI LOVED AND THE ADRIÀ BROTHERS SERVED AT THEIR FORMER RESTAURANT. CHEESEMATOREDFRUITS_MG_5180 editda blog CHEESEMATOREDFRUITS_MG_5180 editda blog|630x402

3 Likes

That looks delicious but it seems on the sweet side to me. Funny, the definition of sweet has changed.