The ol’ Bait and Switch.

No thanks.

Travel partner’s words to live by.

6 Likes

via Lost Angeles

6 Likes

Modern journalism . . .

4 Likes

Just got back from an 8 hour walk. Putting my feet up with a beer in hand is all I can do right now. And posting some silly photos, too.

Bad food day happens…

Exploded squash in microwave

Employee lost usb stick in burrito

Left Haribo in the car on a hot day

Are carrots cheaper than peas?

4 Likes

Mash potato castle, completes with gravy moats!

Life is hard in some countries

Better if the numbers and lines are raised. Probably a cheap measuring cup.

6 Likes

I always heard that if you eat standing up it has no calories :thinking:

1 Like

Has to also be over the sink.

2 Likes

Oh, that explains it!

Proofreading is a lost art. :woman_shrugging::face_with_raised_eyebrow::roll_eyes::rofl: When you consider how many people missed this headline gaff…

3 Likes

Less a lost art and more likely the result of multiple cuts to staffing at the Jametown NY Post-Journal. The print media industry has taken some serious hits, and fact checkers and copy edits have been among those losing jobs. The question then is who steps in, where, and how in such operations. And so a mistake goes BIG. HUGE.

I don’t get the Venezuela one. I think I’m missing the joke/funny. Sorry to be thick.

I think if I were to work for 2 months–even at minimum wage and current inflation–I could afford a bit more than what’s in that cart? I certainly could not survive 2 months on the contents of that cart.

ETA: Not really a joke or funny. Sad instead.

2 Likes

Somewhat food-related. Nowhere to put it so I just threw it in. But yeah, not funny.

This is where I utilize the what’s on your mind thread.

2 Likes

That squash looks like some fanciful deep sea creature!

1 Like

Stolen from a friend on FB…have seen it a couple of times, but sort of appropriate for this time of year. :wink:

9 Likes

FB_IMG_1666711250077

3 Likes

FB_IMG_1666721571583

8 Likes

Food related if you pretend the mud is chocolate… (couldn’t pass this one by)

7 Likes

8 Likes