Silliness & Food Funnies 2021

I don’t know … I always read at least some of what they write, because if I don’t like what I read then I’ll probably switch recipes.

I can grab a music book, tell you if I like the song, and sing you how it goes, but I can’t read a bare recipe and know if the proportions look exactly right. So I want to have some feeling that what I’m about to make was not created by an idiot.

I just judge the recipe by the recipe. A lousy writer can certainly be a good cook, and vice versa.

5 Likes

You’re right. IDK.

duckling: a little duck
piglet: a little pig
dumpling:

Food for thought.

2 Likes

Gas tank somewhere + extension hose.

Nah, much too dangerous. Should not be allowed anywhere.

Humorous husband

The stand looked third world then.

Oh, gross. FFS, man.

Gross again. I have seen people in some supermarkets who walk around and eat food that are not little free samples, like a to-go sandwich, fruit etc. Bread rolls and nuts, things they can scoop and bag to be paid at check-out.

1 Like

Funny knock-offs

6 Likes

Yes, and I believe that is the correct way

2 Likes

Is there one correct way? I had the impression that it was a regional thing, different in different areas, and I’m not sure if the placement always has a meaning.

1 Like

The “Legs” chips appear to be “apple onion jalapeño” flavour. Blech.
Maybe the red things are tomatoes.

I thought they were radishes. What the heck is it really? Probably tomatoes.

Usually once I’m finished I place my utensils on my plate in either the excellent or finished position. (I had never known about these meanings before honestly) Then I push my chair back, unbutton my pants and put my feet up on the table. That generally gives them the clear understanding that I am finished.

4 Likes

And all of the other diners in the restaurant also know you’re finished, @NotJrvedivici. :wink:

2 Likes

Finished like finishing school? Finished like a well-fed steer? Or finished like “You’re finished in this town, Bobby”?

(I assume the name should be “Bobby”, because it says he’s Not J.R.) :smile:

I do: gas dryer in the laundry room and gas fireplaces in the bedrooms.

1 Like

Lost in translation. BTW, those were wholemeal pizza slices.

4 Likes

What do the characters really mean?

I used translation app to decode the characters and they give me “rectal gland” and indeed prostate. LOL… They probably use the same app/google translate.

1 Like

Maybe it tastes decent on the ground?

Now I’m “hangry”.

Non Italian pizza here

Brilliant! This is a party with Seinfeld themed treats. Woman tries to take doughnut out of the waste bin like George!

2 Likes

8 Likes

The characters say “Wholemeal pizza, good for your prostate” - of course, one can’t translate the cultural references, and putting “love” and “prostate” together was a lark. :joy:

2 Likes