Silliness & Food Funnies 2019

Is it programmed to understand “sod off!”?

In my house the crust is the best part of the bread!

Does anyone’s BF/husband do this?
My fridge is small, pots and pans won’t fit.

Looks like everyone gets their own personalised pizzas. Is that one without any topping (for the new BF)? (far right)

2 Likes

8 Likes

I love that one!!!

1 Like

What would be even funnier is if the recipe was purposefully missing a key ingredient!

7 Likes

Like Marie Barrone would do

4 Likes
  1. That snack-bearing robot would be my new best friend. He would be so happy in my office!

2. My dad was notorious for sticking whole pots in the fridge, and the crazy thing is he would get frustrated with us for being so fussy every time he did that. He insisted it was easier to just stick the whole pot in.

None of us disagreed if it was ‘easier’ - just not practical! He would take our only smaller sauce pot that got reused daily for heating up soup, making instant noodles or other small batch tasks and it would be unavailable. Invariably, me, my mom or one of my sisters would have to get the pot out, transfer the contents into a container (as it should have been) and then re-wash the pot so we could use it to reheat something. :roll_eyes: Plus, it took up half a shelf in the fridge!

Hah! So there are people who actually put the whole rice cooker in the fridge. But then you have to reheat the leftovers… more work for your mum and sis. In the US you have giant fridges so space isn’t such a problem. Ours are so small in comparison.

@meatn3, if I were Elaine I’d put one of the Soup Nazi’s recipes on the tombstone. He freaks out when Elaine gets her hands on his recipes.

3 Likes

Unless, like me, you always cook with leftovers in mind, and so always have four to five containers of leftovers (part of our planned meals), plus containers of cooked rice and cooked beans, many little jams and sauces and marinades and blah blah blah. Our fridge is not huge - it’s old and a one-door with the freezer on top. I’ve lived (unhappily) with smaller. But it does always throw me when people talk online about, for example,about how Le Creuset (or whatever decorative cookware line) is so great because you can make your dish ahead of time in your Le Creuset dutch oven, store it in the fridge, and then heat it up and serve it directly to the table! I love my ECI but I don’t have the space for this!

1 Like

Also, some foods can’t be reheated again directly in the (very cold) pot. It turns to mush, or overcooks.

1 Like

The ham is indeed big. Atrocious “pizza”.

Only half a Stanley cup

It rarely looks like the advertised photo. I thought everyone knew that by now.

First time seeing this

4 Likes

Some adverts are clever and/or funny.

When they go they’ll take us with them.

Hipster coffee in Singapore. The steam from the coffee melts the cotton candy cloud and it falls in the coffee.

Nothing has changed where I am. Still lots of plastic is used for packaging and everything. But government makes us pay extra for “green tax” whilst much of the world does nothing.

The nasty ice cream licking girl is caught now comes the jokes and memes.

3 Likes

Some shop puts a lock on ice cream freezer now? They are afraid someone might try licking the ice cream.

This is unacceptable and disgusting.

Fridges with revolving shelves do exist.

How I eat chicken wings: eat all meat and skin, crack bones open and suck all marrow.

2 Likes
  1. Ok, I get the doggies on the table is not-hygienic but as an animal lover, that is adorable and I wouldn’t mind seeing that in a store. Now if they were pooping on the table, that’s a different story.

2. Revolving refrigerator shelves is actually some what brilliant except it doesn’t seem to have deep or wide enough shelves (perhaps, it would have to be one massive fridge?). Also, considering most rooms are square or rectangular, that would be one heck of a space hog in the room.

3. I’m not even sure how someone eats a wing to get it to look like that. It’s like a rodent just nibbled on them and left mid-way. :confused:

2 Likes

A rodent would chew right through everything, including the bones. Looking at that mess I wonder if she was missing some crucial teeth.

1 Like

Large is not really larger is it.

Both tins have green olives. Something went wrong somewhere during
the canning process.

Not enough Jameson for friends if you only get a mini bottle.

These knock-off chains exist somewhere.

4 Likes

This pork sausage label caught my eye today

From Vigan, Philippines but definitely not vegan

1 Like

It’s a bit confusing

In which situation does one use this?

A tip from the shop

I get this. Still play Nintendo and have several units.

New use for a loaf of bread.

Buy phone and pizza

Good idea

They use a bad review to advertise themselves.

Found this whilst going through photos taken on one of my China trips.

2 Likes

Some restaurant serves mushrooms still attached to a log.

Low carb alternative

I would take it back and ask for another nugget

How common is this?

2 Likes

I think that bottom one is going too far.

2 Likes