Silliness & Food Funnies 2019

I wish I felt a less “aware,” to be honest. Hopefully things will get better.

1 Like

This design is getting more common elsewhere but not where I live. Still have the standard cone with mayo/any sauce plonked on top of the potatoes.

O.M.G. imagine the force of the motor. Be careful, people.

Sushi party on the ex

Keep being late.

2 Likes

:heart::cry:

How does one eat on this ridiculous table? It moves at the slightest touch.
A hipster joint in the neighbourhood of my temporary lodging here in Lyon.

That would be irritating as F*ck.

1 Like

While I certainly agree it’s ridiculous I would be interested in seeing the menu. If it’s mostly finger/hand food or 'non-utensils-required" dining, I could see how it would minimize the stupidity of the idea.

1 Like

And no drinks in martini glasses either!

4 Likes

The Danes had a name for a chocolate covered ice cream treat, I had one from a street vendor served in a cone, that was so spectacularly offensive I won’t mention it here. From what I understand they have gotten away from calling them by their original name, they have also gotten away from the ice cream filling and use marshmallow now.

1 Like

A friend of mine recently located this gem while cleaning out his garage. He didn’t mention his age at the time, only that he was indeed the author :rofl::joy::rofl:

7 Likes

Did mum’s cooking improve at all? I was lucky to have good cooks in the family. Unfortunately, I was young and wasn’t interested in learning (until recently).

NJ, I walked past the place with hanging tables today… They also have 2 normal tables and people were using them. NO ONE ate at the hanging tables! The joint sells crepes and waffles. Next time I have to stop and watch how people eat at the hanging tables, if anyone uses them at all.

Wegmans forgot the brown rice

How is this “XL”? Can’t see the cheese and bacon either.

I was expecting a solid piece of chocolate.

1 Like

Indeed fortunate. My grandmother was an awful cook. The Chef Boyardee pizza-in-a-box kits tasted like ketchup on cardboard - I think she put the box in. My mother was no great shakes either. Even if you did not learn at their knee(s) at least you had some standards.

1 Like

Sure makes it easy to mop up the floor…… And how would you move the tables together for a large party?

pearls%20before%20swine

2 Likes

Anyone see this?

5 Likes

Seems like this should have been on Stilton.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

That is excellent. I’ve shopped at Westside Market, and now I’m gonna start paying closer attention to cheese labels.

You all should read this piece on the cursed cheese from Gothamist:

The comments are pretty funny. Also the man who was afraid of the cheese is apparently well known to tech types as a programming language designer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampton_Catlin
and he comments in the thread himself, playing to a tough crowd there. The weirdest thing is that anyone would buy fresh mozzarella and then try to return it a week later.

1 Like

Drama at restaurant in Austria. Owner was apparently drunk, threw food at tourists. What’s the rating on TripAdvisor after this incident?

3 Likes

Kebapi.

3 Likes