Silliness & Food Funnies 2019

(A closer look at the “uncooked” pizza reveals melted cheese; maybe the oven was hot-ish but not hot enough.)

1 Like

Baking/pastry theme today.

Cigs and ashes are quite realistic.

Someone found this in his freezer from the mid 90’s. Said it tasted fine.

A little pain is nice.

Vintage measuring spoons

4 Likes

Another vintage thing. New list have avocados and olive oil. Food used to be simple.

What’s in “fancy” ketchup?

:fortune_cookie:

Eww…

2 Likes

The list thing does have “fruit”, “oil”, and “vegetables”, so avocado and olive oil technically are covered.

I think the fortune-cookie author wanted to say that if you’re pursuing happiness itself you’re never going to find it; happiness shows up on its own when you do [what’s good/what’s right/whatever suits your philosophy].

It’s a valid question

7 Likes

I think your friend will need to leave them outside. And look for your gifts there too. Maybe you should put up a tent for him?

1 Like

Eating in a tent in a parking lot is not outdoors. It isn’t dining either. It’s just uncomfortable.

3 Likes

Rather sour than sweet. Willing to try this.

Cheese thief

Don’t think I want to make my order a difficult one.

Giant burrito. I ate a huge one in Mexico, the size of my dinner plate but it’s still only half the size of this for sure.

4 Likes

That’s a burrito baby.

Yeah. He looks at it adoringly. It does not cry all day, does not demand care and affection, does not make him drink.

2 Likes

@Saregama, I think this would be a good solution to your current cooking situation (having to cook for so many different fussy eaters) :grinning:

3 Likes

Actually it appears you could order absolutely anything and it would not be a problem, as long as you do so politely. :slight_smile:

To file under “Oddly suitable food names”:

Frog croakettes

Yes, I agree.

I had this scene in mind for that ripped chef photo:
Start at 0:25 ordering procedure is explained.

1 Like

Probably in France somewhere, before the recent lockdown.

Taking face mask to a new level. Sucks to wear specs and mask.

It’s OK to say Fck Off now but I guess it gets tiring fast. Many egotistical f-kers don’t keep a distance at all.

My new doormat

In Germany you use this foot pedal operated washer to clean the shopping trolleys before using. Where I live we don’t have nifty things like this. We have an acute shortage of engineers (have to import them from Germany and other countries) and highly intelligent people to run the country and the economy so no we could never come up with this kind of things.

3 Likes

Not only do we not have the nifty cleaner, we don’t call the trolley/cart/thing a “shopping helper”. Does everyone in that area actually call them Einkaufshelfer, or is that just a name that the store uses to try to sound special?

I think this supermarket uses this term. I never noticed it.

The word everyone else uses is “Einkaufswagen”.

Have you seen these other nifty inventions, also in Germany?
Magnifying glass for reading tiny print

DE-Magnifyingglass

Einkaufswagen for wheelchair users.

3 Likes

Ah yes, the Supermarkteinkaufswagensvergrößerungsglas.

I don’t see a Supermarktrollstuhlseinkaufswagensvergrößerungsglas though. :slight_smile:

(Pardon my spelling, I don’t know when to add “s” in compounds, though I thinks it’s thes faults ofs thes genitives cases whichs Is hates anyways.)

1 Like

I think that the ‘s’ after ‘einkaufswagen’ is superfluous. But I’m not absolutely sure.