Silliness & Food Funnies 2019

^^ The partner gladly does the shopping for me. I hate going shopping.

__

What coke and 7-up used to look like. And btw, the material takes almost forever to degrade. People found these in the woods.

Forgot to post this. Oktoberfest site and it was cancelled this year, of course. Each rectangle is a tent occupies by a brewery.

2 Likes

IMG_1635

5 Likes

I saved this one from last year. Employees still get the same question this year, I’m sure.

We don’t have canned pumpkin here but we also don’t eat pumpkin pie. I steam or roast squashes and pumpkins then puree them for other uses.

One drink away from telling everyone what I really think!

:camera:

We don’t have these services here at weekends. They only work from 9-5 on week days.

3 Likes

Everyone deals with it their own way

Remember to eat your potatoes in time!

I’m only responsible for me.

Words and their order. Get them right.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Wrong number but worked out well in the end

Repurposing your failed culinary endeavour. Actually, the bakery makes a cement door stopper in the shape of a baguette.

Wall-mounted grill oven. Don’t have to bend down.

Another oven that doesn’t need bending down

So turns out I make French scramble and American diner omelette. I only like soft eggs doesn’t matter how it’s cooked.

3 Likes

Novice gardeners and their tiny harvest

3 Likes

An update, and not a very happy one.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/22/us/teen-grandma-thanksgiving-text-coronavirus-husband-trnd/index.html

3 Likes

:sob:

It’s a great story even with the recent turn of events. Just shows that there is so much more we share in common as people than we do a part. We could all take a page out of that playbook.

2 Likes

I agree. I just hate that good people have to suffer. (I am still the five-year-old stamping her feet and yelling “not fair!”)

2 Likes

But as a family, albeit an accidental one, they all carried on and Thanksgiving became a celebration of Lonnie. :heart:

2 Likes

Yes, that is a the best possible outcome. Still pissed that someone had to die.

1 Like

How eggs were sorted in the old days (before industrial mass production). Some retired highly elderly farmers still keep the scales around.

I’m pretty adventurous when it comes to eating and drinking but I have to think about drinking this one.

You’ll need it. In Namibia (and probably also S.Afrika) biltong comes with toothpicks in the package just like this.

Delivered food has half a lemon covered with a mesh to hold back the seeds. How nice.

This is not a metal corn on the cob? It’s strong, both the corn and the person who puts it through the windscreen.

2 Likes

I never knew that the size of eggs beyond Extra Large was once known as Leveling Device.

Those lemon coverings are nice - without one, the seeds can make a real mesh.

The corn had to have been shot from a high-powered launcher or something, as far as I know.

Who knew elves were edible?

4 Likes

Turn on the oven and cook it. Probably faster than calling for another delivery.

Why is this design not common by now? I’ve never seen it.

Another box design. And do some people really eat on their beds?

Dog knows and is not amused. Vegs are not pizza :pizza:

What is this? Uncooked pizza?

3 Likes

Great now I want pizza!!

1 Like

You order pizza from Subway?
You get what you deserve.

6 Likes

Probably because in pizza shops they prepare boxes during slower times of day, and boxes with handles would be harder to stack.

And about the other photo with an apparently uncooked pizza: whoever sliced it knew exactly what they were doing. Uncooked dough is hard to slice, or at least so different that anyone would notice. (Unless the cook is blind and has no sense of touch, in which case there may be other problems to deal with.)