Silliness and Food Funnies for 2024

It’s a new year. Time for new silliness.

People start diets as their New Year’s resolution. Here’s what I think about that.

This is me EVERY TIME I go to Trader Joe’s! “I’m just going in for a couple of things.”

Never did see the attraction of Avocado Toast. Now, I’m more certain.

630f0a2e6d696-163-630ca42c72c80__700

Blockquote

10 Likes

There’s the old one about being on a seefood diet.

3 Likes

6 Likes

I don’t think the 50% off is a good sign.

5 Likes

Go ahead. Take a chance!

7 Likes

All it takes is a dollar and a dream!

1 Like

And perhaps some Imodium A-D or an Rx for Lomotil.

1 Like

I hear the odds are better for the cold food lottery down the street.

4 Likes

The real irony is that when I saw that window, Mrs. ricepad and I had taken a chance on a new-to-us sandwich shop across the street that had some of the most boring sandwiches we’d ever had. I mean, really: Panini on white sandwich bread?

1 Like

Well you have to admit that’s different? Certainly not something I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

dude-thats-just-wrong

2 Likes

Gruesome Christmas!

Well, I guess it’d be more tender…

I once lived in a city having a carside service restaurant called “Toot-N-Tellem”, but we called it the “Fart-N-Smellem” (how they failed to have foreseen that nickname is anyone’s guess).

7 Likes

Which one are you? :wink:

10 Likes

There is a scene in the movie “Rachel Getting Married” in which the father-of-the-bride and the groom-to-be compete to see who can load the dishwasher more effectively. At one point, an onlooker yells “Get the schematic!” and I felt seen.

3 Likes

That makes me think of a picture my son took recently. Yummy warm water

1 Like

Raccoon. My style is such it’s a wonder I’ve not yet been sectioned.

1 Like

3 Likes

I feel so seen.

1 Like

What if both people in the house think they are like the Scandinavian architect and the other person is the raccoon? Asking for a friend :wink:

6 Likes