Silliness and Food Funnies 2023

Not that it was overly smelly - most of the fermenting time was outside, anyway - but some of the colors of the molds were quite vibrant and at least to Mrs. ricepad, slightly scary. When batch #2 was finished, she commandeered my fermenting tub and repurposed it to reduce the temptation to try it again.

I liked it. The flavor was both milder and fuller than any commercial shoyu I’ve had, if that makes sense. Not as sharply salty, but with a rounder flavor, I guess. My brother liked it, too. My brother-in-law-in-law (that’s what I have always called my brother’s brother-in-law) asked me for a few years afterward if I was going to try again, because his wife saw from the label on the jar I gave them that it was shoyu and dumped it into their big jug of Kikkoman to save space in the pantry, so he never got a chance to taste it.

1 Like

I’m going back and forth on this one - would you call this a misdemeanor, or a felony?

4 Likes

My reaction was a surprise even to me: Her loss. Of course, had she done that to my own stash, there would have been hell to pay!

1 Like

Staying alive works for me.

6 Likes

5 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

I loved his art, may he rest in peace.

2 Likes

414710875_10231225181442870_8562761561595558269_n

8 Likes

I have his Love to Eat Them Mousies Cat on an apron - from probably the late ‘70s.

4 Likes

"…nibble on they tiny feet":paw_prints:

4 Likes

7 Likes

Oh yes, :heart:

1 Like
8 Likes

This needs its own thread!

2 Likes

I started a 2024 Sillies thread here!

4 Likes

Well then it’s as good a time as any to lock up 2023!

3 Likes