Sichuan Cottage (Marlboro, NJ ) Updates

(David) #41

Agreed @CurlzNJ - the soup dumplings at SC are not great. Worth the drive to Shanghai Bun for really good ones.

(Evelyn C. Leeper) #42

Funny–I am always surprised\disappointed when the sesame noodles don’t have cucumber, since that’s how I had it for years. And I agree–the soup dumplings are better at Shanghai Bun. Which is why I’m glad we have both restaurants so close.

SOMEONE (not naming names, but it starts with @joonjoon) promised a trip to Shanghai Bun MOONNNTHS ago. Just sayin’. :laughing:

(Lost in translation) #44

Hit up SC tonight for dinner. We got there at 5:30, by 6:00 people were waiting out the door in the rain.

We had three pepper chicken, pork belly & leek, cumin lamb, spicy braise beef soup noodle and shrimp fried rice.

Everything deelishus.

This place continues to be a gem.

Shhhhh…we need to give this place a code name so it doesn’t trend up and then they start jacking up prices lol.

I think I had the lamb cumin last time I was there actually. Strong dish.

The lamb with cumin is one of my favorites there!

(Lost in translation) #47

Lamb is good, but I’ve had that before.

The three pepper chicken was maybe my favorite last night. It’s cooked then flash fried in small cubes and mixed with dried chilis, fresh chilis and Sichuan peppercorns, but no sauce.

It’s a little zippy, but I like that.

(Evelyn C. Leeper) #48

My two favorite main dishes are cumin lamb an three-pepper chicken, but my favorite dish is the West Lake Chowder.

Isn’t there one lamb in the hot pot and one not, and they are slightly different? I cant remember.