Shop Rite Supermarkets (Shrewsbury NJ)

Agree with everything you mentioned above, my friends daughter has had no issues at all as well

My friend received her first delivery for 2, she said she canā€™t believe these are considered misfits.

7 Likes

Agreedā€“that all looks great to me!

2 Likes

That does look great.

Iā€™m interested in trying this as well. I like the idea of not knowing what you are going to get at any given point in time. Makes me be creative. I used to have a CSA that delivered locally but no more and I canā€™t commit to being to pick up on a regular basis given my ever changing work schedule. This may be the perfect alternative.

2 Likes

WOW. That is for 2?! I think this might have tipped me to trying it. Thanks for posting.

2 Likes

Funny you mention it, but I just started a subscription service myself. Just send me $ 19.99 per week and you will never know what you are going to get at any given point in time. Could be a box of beautiful vegetables could be misc. lego pieces.

7 Likes

Me too. I used to get half share from Purple Dragon. I bailed because the product was often beyond uglyā€“it was rotten.

The produce stores (like the one next to Pho Da Nang) are also cheap, and their eggs are local.

Do you have a referral code? Iā€™m thinking of getting one for Passover.

I literally spit my beer out when I just read this! Luckily Iā€™m home!!! Haha! We should get this going! Everyone brings a box full of stuff and we do a Yankee swap. I think that is what it is called. So you can put in some things that you are over stocked on, things you donā€™t use, some hilarious novelty items and other goodies. The size of your box and imagination are the limit. Haha!

Just think folks, one of you could be the owner of 5 quarts of dodge transmission fluid! ā€¦or some giant bottles of shout! I have never bought a bottle of shout in my life but I have 4 huge bottles in my laundry room. Either my mom put them in there or the shout fairy came to visit. This shout will outlast me :):joy:

4 Likes

For you Iā€™m running 2 for 1 special my friend. You send me 2 checks for $19.99 per week and I will send you the same 1 box I send to @MsBean!

No need to thank me, as the saying goes with friends like me who needs enemas!

4 Likes

Not sure. I can ask my wife.

Edit:
Best I can do is give you the subscription discount
MISFITS2019 My wife has no idea what her referral code might be.

1 Like

I saw @corvette_johnny 's response and so wish I was drinking a beer when I read this. It has got to be one of the top ten posts ever.

2 Likes

Thanksā€“just saw the edit. Iā€™m not subscribing, so that wonā€™t help. If anyone has a referral code, Iā€™ll be ordering Thursday morning, so post (email?) it before then. Iā€™m eleeper on the optonline-dot-net site.

1 Like

Just a FYI they have Japanese Wagu steaks on sale for $69.95 per lbs. This is from their $89.99 regular price and Monmouth Meats $99.99 per lbs prices.

As soon as I can collar Scrooge McDuck as my companion, Iā€™m on my way to do some shopping.

1 Like

just had my first REALLY annoying experience here. Will say I think this location had issues staffing the place. I know form word of mouth that was concern in run up to opening. But Iā€™ve let go the many times I had to reach around/over/under workers packing out or dodge a cart b/c my presence shopping in the store seamed to annoy them.
However this last round is going to give me pause for a bit esp as I do more and more shopping at Lidl. Went to pick up a few items the other day and was looking for one in particular and couldnā€™t find it. Tried the spot where they have it a the West Long Branch and Middletown location, tried the spot where they have it in food town, tried any other aisle that made sense. No go. Pulled up the product on the shop at home app to give me the SKU, asked a worked showing her my phone with SKU, in process of telling her that I tried certain aisle, she cut me off to tell me to try the very aisle I was telling her I didnā€™t see it in. Told her this and she insisted it was there. I tried again, to no avail. Went to customer service desk and waited in line for 10 min behind ONE PERSON. Upon my turn showed the customer service desk my phone with the SKU, who never looked it up anywhere. Told me to check same aisle previous worker did. When informed it wasnā€™t there she gave me some other random aisle to check. Of course it wasnā€™t;'t there either. At this point I prob should have searched for manager but after being at store for 30 min buying 4 total items I gave up and left in anger. Sure enough on next trip to Lidl saw product I was looking for at half the price (in the aisle it would make sense for it to be in).
Long story Short- bloom is off the rose for me- and will stop looking past the many staffing issues Iā€™ve already encountered.

3 Likes

In fairness, I have to say that I have often checked an aisle twice for something, only to have an employee point it out to me in that same aisle!

2 Likes

I lost hope when I went to customer service with the SKU and nobody checked anything to confirm. It was literally like first time anyone had asked customer service a question like this before. Not that Foodtown is the best- but never had an issue with customer service desk there before, even when the 18 year old kid is manning the counter (sometimes thatā€™s actually the best person); just canā€™t imagine how thatā€™s allowed to happen there. Iā€™ve been overlooking service related issues b/c Iā€™ve had good experiences otherwise there, now not so much. Honeymoon period is over they should have this stuff ironed out.

2 Likes

Without getting too personal do you mind me asking what the mystery product was? For my part I have had none of the issues you cite, perhaps Iā€™m not as observant as you. Similar to you Iā€™m finding myself doing a little more Lidl shopping each week. I wonā€™t be buying any steaks there anytime soon, but each week a few more items find their way into the cart, oh and I downloaded the app now too!

3 Likes