Searching for a recipe from Anthony Bourdain's Les Halles Cookbook

Does anyone have this cookbook? I lent my copy out a couple years ago and never got it back. I remember there was a recipe for a braised potato side dish that I can’t remember exactly how to recreate, it’s been awhile. I believe it was potato wedges possibly pan seared in duck fat and then slowly braised in duck or chicken stock. They were delicious! I’ve looked online and can’t find it anywhere. Help!!

If you have the book, would you mind offering guidance to the recipe, please?

Thanks!!

Pommes Fondants

4 large idaho potatoes
2 Tbs duck fat
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 garlic cloves
1 spring thyme, plus large pinch of leaves
salt/pepper

Cut potatoes into sixths essentially and turn (football shape)
saute over high heat with duck fat until browned all over
add stock, garlic and thyme - bring to boil then simmer for 12 (until tender)
return to a boil until liquid almost gone and potatoes coated with pan sauce
add salt/pepper/thyme leaves and serve

I think I might be making these tonight myself . . . . haven’t tried this recipe yet.

Thank you , thank you , thank you!! Most definitely make them. You won’t be disappointed.

Thanks for the lead, I do have the book too in case you’re ever stuck again :wink: I read it as much for the funny factor as anything else, so many hidden gems.

And as it so happens, I am overloaded on duck fat…changing my Memorial Day menu immediately!

It is indeed a fun read. I’ve always loved his mushroom soup and French onion soup recipes in the book.

1 Like

I had to make a few modifications but even so it was delicious.

I had red skin small potatoes, no thyme so used Rosemary - and eyeballed the stock (had more potatoes).

Thanks for pointing out the recipe.

Made them again - per the recipe. Even better.

H O and you-all are expensive! Reading this post made my mouth water and I immediately ordered the book. With Amazon Prime it should be here today … looking forward to a great read. Thanks.

1 Like

I stopped reading all “cookbook” threads for that very reason :smiley:

1 Like