SCANDINAVIAN - Cuisine of the Quarter, Spring 2021 (Apr-June)

2 Likes

I hope to visit several Scottish islands, some day.

Copenhagen: A gourmet adventure. **Michelin Starred Chef Soren Selin, AOC Restaurant !

3 Likes

Nice photography… but please tell me those weren’t actual portions.

6 Likes

I found an episode from New Scandinavian Cooking which aired on PBS, in case it’s of interest, there are shows on different parts of Scandinavia and the host cooks a meal in each episode from that area and season:

7 Likes

My absolute favorite cooking show . I’m headed to the volcanic region to cook lamb

1 Like

As I recall, in one episode he made fish balls by running skinned, beheaded fish through a grinder, bones and all, and mixed that with beets, so the boiled results were pink. Hard pass for me!

2 Likes

http://www.scottshometownfoods.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT
From Lindsborg, a Swedish town in Kansas.

http://www.scottshometownfoods.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=RECIPES

and recipes :relieved:

1 Like

I would love to see that episode. I’m going to have to find it . I’m headed to the forest to pick nettles . Cooking them under stormy weather with lamb and a gorgeous view .
Cheers. :wine_glass:

3 Likes

There were approx. 15 tiny plates …

Have a nice weekend.

1 Like

Thank you; you as well. There’s genuine hope we might see temps north of 70F. Woot woot.

You’d have to hope that, sooner rather than later, the multi-course tasting menu concept will go completely out of fashion. I really am so bored with it that we’ve pretty much stopped going to places that only offer it. Thankfully, many high end UK chefs have cut back in recent years and just offer around six courses.

FWIW, a sunny day here with temperature currently around 13.

4 Likes

Amuse bouche has always struck me as a bit pretentious, but micro carrots are cute. :laughing:

Aaaah, nettles! Fantastic.
Please tell us how you will prepare them.
I will drink some nettle tea in your honor.

2 Likes

Sounds like you have adapted to living on a mountain
:smiley:

1 Like

Me too. Whilst still serving them, an increasing number of high end British chefs are now describing them as “snacks”. It’s in line with an ongoing shift of ditching the use of foreign words when there are perfectly appropriate ones in English.

By the by, I’ve had a micro carrot snack at a place in our town. It was one of the “thinnings” from the crop at their farm. Drizzled with a drop or two of their own honey and served with a couple of edible weeds that they’d foraged from round the farm. Clever and innovative for sure. But maybe one of those things where you think chef is trying just a little too hard.

2 Likes

I loved that show and was sad when it ended.

These fotos were for a photo shoot.

1 Like

I’m reading this:

4 Likes

I can’t find it here, so maybe it was on Chowhound that I once posted an excerpt from a review of a (Hawaiian, maybe?) restaurant. Instead of “amuse bouche”, it read “a mouse douche”. Ever since, the phrase elicits a mental image of a tiny mouse performing her ablutions on a dinner plate while some pretentious high society type looks on in horror. An amuse bouche IS a douchey dish!

6 Likes