Save My Life, I'm Going Down for the Last Time...

… Better than a white line
Bring a good feelin’
Ain’t had in such a long time
Save my life…

2 Likes

Yeah. One of the few local places we still shop locally.

Used to be fabulous. It was fatal to my bank balance every time I went in there. My God, they even had bubble gum balls …Seems like leadership made every conceivable mistake that could have been made.

2 Likes

They had a good run.

5 Likes

Ours were not so enjoyable. In fact, dh commented the last time we walked out of one, “Shoot me if I ever say that I’m going to Bed. Bath and Beyond.” Out of basic stock, no sales help, full of useless chatskies. The stuff we see at garage sales and ask “Why on earth did they ever buy that?”

5 Likes

If you’re referring to the piece of wood with the word “Eat” on it hanging in my kitchen, shut up.

13 Likes

Maybe you forget what you’re supposed to do with food? No judgements.

3 Likes

Perfect response. Thanks!

I am not at all surprised by this. My local store rarely had more than three shoppers at a time. I shop on weekdays but that still seems pretty empty to me. When I was there a few weeks ago half the shelves were empty and covered with cloth curtains. The sales woman, who was hired just a few months ago, said it was just a supply issue and that she was told that there were no plans to close this location since it is the only one in the area. I felt bad for her as I left, having the feeling that she would be searching for a new job soon.

They were a good place to pick up minor kitchen things and small appliances. I was usually able to get things at a good price with their 20% off coupons and it was nice to be able to inspect a product before purchasing. Plus, returns were easy if anything went wrong. The staff were always friendly and helpful. I’ll miss them.

3 Likes

There’s nothing left to salvage. They’re gone. No regrouping. They outlasted Linens n Things (which i preferred) by 15 years.

4 Likes

I suggest we all buy a sign ‘toilet this way’

Kind of sad. I don’t shop at Bed Bath and Beyond, but I used (15 years ago) visit them almost monthly to look at cookware

1 Like

Me too

It’s definitely sad when a brick and mortar business, especially a chain that may have been the only B&M serving wide swaths of the country, shutters.

Historians may conclude that BB&B was one of the last vestiges of the American Department Store.

6 Likes

I shopped there first whenever I needed something, but someone who has been amassing cookware since the late 1960s rarely needs anything, certainly not enough to BBB going. There was no better place to outfit a newb.

5 Likes

Absolutely!

My newest (as in last month) Breville Smart Oven was purchased from BB&B, and at a lower price than I could find it anywhere else.

2 Likes

I was thinking that too. I think Bed Bath and Beyond used to serve a huge community for bed, bath and kitchen items. Next to watch out is Best Buy

2 Likes

At the time,I viewed BBB as more focused than department stores like JC Penny or Macy, and not as expensive as Williams Sonoma or Sur la Table. Not everyone can afford cookware from WS or SLT.

Bed Bath and Beyond offers many low price items to some mid / mid-high items like All Clad cookware and Shun knives.

4 Likes

Exactly. And they had a huge selection of more moderately priced good quality kitchen items. Aside from the pots and pans and small appliances, there were walls and shelves of utensils, storage items, and anything else you’d need to get a kitchen up and running.

2 Likes