Salads

My second fav is a Cobb salad, and third is an Italian chopped salad with romaine, iceberg, parsley, cappicola, salami, mortadella, and provolone with a red wine vinaigrette with sliced pepperoncini and olives.

1 Like

Making a Waldorf tonight, with grapes, apples, dried cherries and candied pecans

3 Likes

My go to salad is beets (root), shallots, and butterhead lettuce (usually) with a dijon/red wine vinegar vinaigrette topped with fresh goat cheese. Now that we are heading into spring the beets will be swapped out for asparagus. Once the asparagus is gone I’ll start tomato and tomato cucumber salads and panzanellas, then back to beets…

2 Likes

I’m a terrible salad maker. I love salads, but I don’t feel like putting in work for salads at home. When I’ve followed a recipe because I’m craving something, they turn out fine but I feel like a lot of the cooking and chopping should yield more than just a salad when I’m done.

I stick to simple salads at home and most common I will mix spring mix lettuces, sliced pear, some gorgonzola and cranberries. The dressing is a vinaigrette I have on hand or can make. If I have made a batch of the carrot ginger dressing that you often find in Japanese restaurants (don’t judge me), I’m happy with just greens and tomatoes.

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with this. Same here.

Help cover Hungry Onion's costs when you shop at Amazon!

Bessarabsky Market, Kyiv. Ukraine
Credit: Juan Antonio Segal, Flickr