Russell and Bette's Rumson

Who dat?

You mean in the parking lot ???

images

1 Like

The recipe for Hubris: Two parts London dry gin, one part Fernet Branca, shaken on ice served with a tangerine peel.

1 Like

Decided to give R&B’s a shot. Walked in at 7:30, sat at the bar. Seven people at the bar. Three people had empty glasses. Four people had no glasses. There was no bartender. We sat down. After 5 minutes the fellow to our left got up to look for a bartender. We asked his significant other how long they had been waiting. She said “longer than usual”. He came back, shrugged and said he didn’t know what was going on. We looked to our right, looked to our left, and scrammed. Went to Fromagerie and I swear we had a drink in front us faster than we would have had we stayed at R&B’s. Of course I can’t know that for sure, but that $25 dollar burger deal (with a nice zesty house cab) washed away our feelings of neglect. Yet still, she wonders.

2 Likes

I’m starting to think neither the food nor the service are important at this joint. I look forward to someone involved coming here 6 months later to explain this away as a one off. Every single time, it’s a one off.

2 Likes

Did you look out back to see if they were smoking?

My question still is left unanswered. Why did they change something that wasn’t broken? WyB had a successful operation that frankly was pretty simple. Why did they go and mess it up? They aren’t doing anything now that is unique.

Sadly, Rumson only has a few places to eat, so this place will probably stick around.

732-861-5904 call me

just as I thought

because your a monkey lol. You’re a shit stirrer and a coward

That may not have been a good move Jen.

2 Likes

No

Haven’t heard back

Not a steak house

At this point, just so were clear although I didn’t want to nit pick. I DON’T SMOKE!!!
Honestly WT… are you talking about??? What are you all talking about? Your manners and misinformation is atrocious. What is the point really!!!

Thats horrible, BTW I DON’T SMOKE!!!

pops popcorn and settles in for the show…

4 Likes

Oh boy

2 Likes

As it turns out my daughter’s new job is at a company that handles marketing for restaurants, including social media. You guys seem like a good candidate for an operation like this.

3 Likes

Jen,
I just want to explain a couple of things to you. As you will see below, Seal and I first went to Russel and Bette’s in June 2017 - in May of this year you responded identifying yourself as the manager on the night of our visit - nearly a year later you identified yourself as the manager on duty that night. How you can remember you were working the night we were there, a year earlier, is beyond me however you are the one who said it. Also Jen, at the time you NEVER denied it was you smoking, you actually apologized for it, so I don’t know what to say about your current denial. Your comments and behavior throughout this is beyond logical comprehension to me.

This whole thing has started again because @coldbeer70 someone I have never had the pleasure of meeting, stopped into your establishment (assuming you are still the manager there) and couldn’t get service and left. You are responding to everyone BUT THE CUSTOMER who left your restaurant. You want to call me a “shit stirrer” which is your discretion to do, however what the hell kind of manager are you not to address a customer who walked out of your restaurant without service???

Seriously, I hope you take a step back and look at your behavior here “representing” your employer. Listen Jen, I’ve been involved in this business my entire life, you are not acting in a manner that does your restaurant, your boss or your colleagues a service, you are in fact doing them all a disservice. (which I guess is why people walk into your restaurant and can’t find a bartender only to leave, without service)

I’m going to give you the same loving advice my mom used to give my Uncle Louie at Thanksgiving Dinner after he was a 1/3 of they way through a bottle of Wild Turkey, Jen go lay down in the den and take a nap, sleep it off for a couple hours sweetie.

3 Likes