Rosie's Pizza Point Pleasant

Adding to the compliments that Rosie’s is excellent. Stopped by for a few slices on rainy Sunday. Dough is wonderful, pizza is like a mix between Razza and Medusa.

4 Likes

Just had another great meal here. Unfortunately we are doing a little staycation in Point and I see a lot of pizza on the agenda for the next week. 20190608_182217|525x700

7 Likes

Shhhh… there’s excellent ice cream just west of there and you should definitely get over there as well! Point Creamery. Their blueberry pie was my favorite last summer and I was shocked by how reasonable their prices were. EXCELLENT product.
https://www.pointcreamery.com

2 Likes

As a local I find Hoffmans Ice cream much better, just gets way to crowded during the season. No lines at Point Creamery.

1 Like

I’m a huge Hoffman’s fan as well…but I definitely stay away in season. I obviously need to get back to Point Creamery and try a few more flavors… just for the sake of comparison. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh boy, I forgot about this place. I think my Mom and I will have to stop by this weekend and try them out! Thanks for the reminder.

I already hit Hoffman’s in Spring Lake on Saturday. Yes, they do unlock the doors at EXACTLY 11 a.m.! I had one of my favorites, coconut joy with toasted coconut on top with chocolate syrup, whipped cream and a cherry. It was a good start to the summer season!

1 Like

And I was in Hoffman’s in SL on…Wednesday. ESPRESSO CHUNK (possibly my dancer name…)

Are there actually espresso bean chunks in there? Or are they chocolately, coffee pieces?

Both, iirc!! It’s fabulous

Taking a buddy on his first trip to Rosie’s I googled it to make sure they were open and found this.

I don’t agree with the final number, do you?

Could they rip off Portnoy and his Barstool pizza reviews any more?

(If they are using him as a barometer, lower scores are the norm)

To answer your question, Rosies is my favorite pizza right now…at least in this hybrid pizzeria style/artisan-y category. Not sure what number “local favorite” would correspond to.

2 Likes

I don’t agree. Rosie’s is very, very good. I’ve been to a number of the places he has rated higher then Rosie’s and thought Rosie’s was better. Should be at least a 9.

1 Like

We did pick up from Rosie’s last night. A round with provolone (which should probably be called the HO Special) and a square with artichoke hearts. It was our first visit but definitely not our last!! The pies were great.

I was very impressed with how Rosie’s is handling their curbside pick up process. It was essentially touch-less and felt very safe. Parking was easy.

10 Likes

As an fyi, anyone looking for pickup during this covid time, they changed their process. Phones open from 1- 4PM to schedule a pickup between 4 and 7.

I finally got through to Rosie’s. With the nice weather and some public spaces reopening, any suggestions as to an outdoor area in the area to eat my pizza while it’s still hot?

I would shoot right over to the canal and park by the water. Only a 10 min drive from there. (by Shipwreck Point) Enjoy!

4 Likes

2nd parking by the water. We were at Pier Village earlier and it’s nice by the water.

3 Likes

How crowded is it at pier village? Is everyone out and about?

We were there before 9 am and Turning Point was doing a booming takeout business. We wanted to walk by the water and we did, but most of the boardwalk is still closed. Beach was open though.

More than a few surfers as the waves weren’t bad. I would imagine that by now the beach may be almost crowded.
Forgot I had a pic

2 Likes

Parking lot at the inlet is now open again. But big signs saying to stay in your vehicle.

3 Likes