Rosie's Pizza Point Pleasant

Long Branch is DEFINITELY where do you want to go! Beach is nice and deep and there’s plenty of parking.

Try walking out to the end of Clark’s landing and have a slice sitting out there. No one will mess with you. I realize this has passed but next time…

2 Likes

Yes, next time. We actually ran into a problem. Couldn’t park in the lot across from Shipwreck as it was restricted. Ended up parking in the completely empty lot across from Wharfside and was chased away by the local police.

Were you in your car or were you out eating? Unless it was private property I really can’t stand that form of “enforcement”.

We were out of the car with the pizza on the hood. Just 3 of us. I imagine the empty lot belongs to someone and thus it was private property.

1 Like

El Presidente 8.5, was in town this past Friday.

2 Likes

Nice. Highly deserved .

Whether or not I agree with his overall take on pizza, his reviews carry a lot of weight and are good for the business owners.

2 Likes

@tomt Highly agreed, although I would even say Rosie’s deserves higher. I think it’s the best slice joint in NJ.

2 Likes

I know you don’t mean to, but calling Rosies a slice joint does them a disservice., imo. Yes you can get a great slice from them but the care they put into their dough and ingredients takes them to some other tier of pizzeria.

2 Likes

You’re right! I should clarify. I grew up in NJ, spent a decade in NYC and Rosies is the best pizza place were you can walk out with a slice. It’s not a sit down restaurant, but that doesn’t matter because the level of care, ingredients and dough are light years ahead of anything in the area. Same level as Di Fara in Brooklyn. Like I said earlier, should be a 9+ easily.

3 Likes

Hopefully, they open the inside to dining soon, now that the distancing rules go away Friday. It’s a bit far to go and get takeout for me,

2 Likes

he’s hit up a few other places locally.

luigis lincroft got like 8.1 and Zonis got 7.7 which I think was a little low tbh…looking fwd to see where else he hit up. Nearby I feel like Vics, Brothers, and my fav Deninnos brick need a review.

Happy to see he scored Rosies so high- anything in that realm is big time…although I feel like he grades NY/NJ on way different curve than FL/midwest

3 Likes

I am seldom influenced by “influencers”. Especially ones who are all gimmick.

1 Like

Add Barrel and Roost and The Galley in Asbury to the places I know he stopped at.

ETA: Marucas in Seaside as well.

I watched the Zoni’s and I saw the (owner?) guy telling him to give Barrel and Roost a try. He’s certainly got a gimmick going for himself with this.

caught that too- didn’t know that he actually made it there. More the merrier around here I say.

1 Like

just posed on Pizza thread- they got an 8.5 from barstool today -def a very high score- great to see local spots get love nationally.

3 Likes

Was back yesterday.

New deal at Rosie’s is takeout only for lunch and dinner and they close from 3-4 in between.

Got my go-to round pie add provolone and was very happy. Crust is still good, chewy and crisp and charred on the bottom. That sharp provolone gives it just the right tang. With Tony at Una Pizza in AH gone, this may now be the best cheese pie around.

2 Likes

Good to hear. Every now and then I decide it’s time for a Rosie’s pie and have been disappointed when I call to find out that they have sold out of particular pie for the day (good for them). Need better planning on my part.

3 Likes

As someone who lives in the area I’m excited by the news.

4 Likes