Roasted fruit

OMG, pork loin, ham, over ice cream. Yes!:grinning:

1 Like

I learned how to make this from a cook at a Shaker restaurant in New Hampshire.

2 Likes

Seems like another really tasty Shaker recipe that Mother Ann took from Manchester to America, leaving her original city in the shit, foodwise, for a goodly while.

2 Likes

They always recommend to serve roasted grapes with cheese- there was a wine bar i would go to with a “toast” appetizer that had a thick layer of ricotta and roasted grapes on top

1 Like

There has been a succession of restaurants at the Shaker Village in Canterbury, NH. Before The Creamery, named for the original purpose of the building housing it, was replaced by a larger restaurant in a different building, I had some wonderful meals there. Two of the last three authentic Shakers still lived at Canterbury back then, and helped create a recipe book sold at the gift shop. (The de facto Shakers in Maine aren’t de jure members, but that’s a long story.) At The Creamery, there was communal seating although (except for event dinners) patrons ordered and paid individually. This arrangement encouraged conversation with strangers and often, swapping of tastes from each others’ plates. In peak tourist season, there was a bakery area in a nearby building. While I was in there looking for their signature butternut squash dinner rolls, I remarked to the older woman (not herself a Shaker) at the counter that the roast pork entree I’d had for lunch was superb, especially the apple confit. She beamed as she told me she was the one who made it, and was happy to tell me how.

3 Likes

Out of the oven about an hour ago, made 8 Golden Delicious (MIL already stole 2 of them) They will be desert a little later with some “schlag”

that I wiped up…

2 Likes

Nice!

BBQ’d pineapple is good so I’m sure it would be good oven roasted too.

3 Likes

The pineapple caramelizes nicely in the oven. It was years ago but I added the roasted pineapple into the ice cream maker while running a batch of vanilla custard.

I would def. enjoy it in oatmeal, yogurt or topped on rice pudding.

1 Like

Took three whole pineapples cut into rounds and roasted them topped with pom seeds and lime. The sauce it created I’m saving as a simple syrup for weekend cocktails.

2 Likes