RIP Chowhound

Thanks - my main contributions on CH before I left in 2015 were the Top Chef recaps (up through the Boston season) and the WFD threads. I believe I have the recaps saved somewhere. If I don’t…oh well. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Are they still active? if they are , maybe we can post a note inviting them over saying the French contingent moved?

I left some replies inviting posters on some recently active posts on the Spain, Portugal and Italy boards .

Absolutely, the more invitations, the more likely interested people might join us.

I signed off Chowhound today, with a Ciao!

Ciao, Chowhound! :it:

2 Likes

Ciao Chow!! That should become the HO’s “Official” salutation!! Ciao-Chow!!

3 Likes

And getting wonkier. I’m reminded of the end of Flowers for Algernon, when the narrator starts losing all the knowledge he gained.

10 Likes

All too apt

Did Chowhound pull the plug early? “Bad gateway.” I was expecting that on Monday, but not today…

1 Like

Yes, they pulled the plug yesterday.

Some boards and threads are still working, but it’s wonky.

There was a recent announcement that CH will now shut down on March 28th, to give people more time to archive their posts, but I got a bad gateway when I tried to find that new post.

1 Like

To anyone avoiding CH because of its ridiculous recent buggy-ness, it seems to be working well at (checks watch) 7:42 EDT. In case you want to hop in and grab anything during this probably brief window of usability.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. When we returned from dinner, I managed to get on and open up the various threads I wanted to re-read &/or copy. Went quickly.

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may.

3 Likes

Felt that their SoCal posts were really good but other areas of the country can be lighter.

1 Like

I thought it was just me since I told one of the mods on there to bugger off. :rofl:

5 Likes

Linda, I enjoyed reading your Top Chef recaps.

3 Likes

I’m saving one of my earliest posts from one of my my favorite and long running Seinfeld threads. It looks like I posted on it a few times over the years.

3 Likes

Was there a thread for favorite Chowhound threads, or maybe recipes? I just rescued a really long one about macaroni and cheese and wondered if there was a place to share it.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Chowhound archive and most memorable posts

Awesome article in the Boston Globe this morning We Are All Chowhounds Now.

I can transcribe it later because it may behind a paywall for some people who are interested in reading it. Several well-known Boston hounds are named in the article which is a lot of fun to see.

9 Likes

As an aside, by some weird coincidence late last night, when I should’ve been sleeping, I was combing the Chowhound archives and came across an epic meal at a local Korean restaurant written up by Chowhound @Nab who is mentioned in the Globe article. I hadn’t thought about nab in years and then I see his name in print this morning. Weird and wonderful start to my day - nab is awesome! I only wish he and another favorite Hound, Joanie, would join us here.

1 Like