Reusable (Food) Storage Bags -- What do you think?

I reuse all my freezer and other bags, until I can use them no longer because the seals are broken. I also rinse them out between uses. It makes me feel more conservationist. I tend to do the same recently with all the plastic and produce bags when we do a grocery delivery. I keep the produce bags (those thin plastics) and when I go to a farmers market, I don’t bag anything. I come home and bag it using those grocery bags, for longevity. I’ve also started using the plastic grocery bags to rise dough, rather than covering with saran. Also as small garbage bags. Liners for bathroom bins and such. I think you can get a lot of use out of the “temporary” bags, if you want.

4 Likes

I think also freezing and thawing tupperware often makes particularly the tops brittle, and then they tend to crack.

3 Likes

Dishwasher heat will too.

Well, since I do both, that would explain why I have so many fewer tops than bottoms!

2 Likes

Haven’t had this problem at all with Glasslock lids, and we do btith often!

Glasslock also guarantees their lids for life and I don’t believe we have ever had to replace them. Even the greasiest sauce washes off those. But, they take up a lot more space to store and use. Big fan though.

Is this a glass tupperware with a plastic lid?

1 Like

Had one handy.

2 Likes

Looks like all glass except some plastic in the seal. Next time we’re looking to stock more tuppers I’ll keep my eye out. Thanks!

1 Like

The entire lid is heavy gauge plastic. Body is glass. Amazon sells sets at great prices. Glasslock stands behind every pc no matter where you buy it or how long you own it.

1 Like

Making the the corners fully dry out is a PITA for me…

1 Like

Use a Q tip if nothing else works.

My mother bought me 2 750 packs of qtips when my first was born 18+ yrs ago. Don’t know why. Costco. I have about 1/2 of them still left.

5 Likes

Then it isn’t so environmental and economic anymore.

1 Like

Glass container, plastic lid, silicone seal. Sam’s Club has great prices because: Wal-Mart :face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

If we’re talking about using quality plastics that last for years…at least we aren’t contributing to the plastic crisis of throwaway plastics and trashed items. A last resort use of a Qtip isn’t my quibble. It was a suggestion. I have no trouble cleaning stash bags.

NVM about the hazards of Q tips.

Ikea also has them. We like square or rectangular for storage effeciency.

1 Like

Glasslock have great size and shape variety. The IKEA brand lids are poorly made.

3 Likes

@shrinkrap, What is NVM?

1 Like