Reusable (Food) Storage Bags -- What do you think?

Lot’s of things - most likely in context “nevermind”

1 Like

Yes, nevermind. It was late, and I was thinking of posting about things folks shouldn’t do with Q tips, and glad there were so many left, then I thought "you know what? Nevermind ".

Possibly due to my being only partially caffeinated :wink:, the first thing this brought to mind was:

(And for the full effect… the lyrics)

Qtips don’t belong in your ears. Folks don’t know that ?
Good grief.

1 Like

I have a few of them, but I don’t use them for food for the most part. At least not perishable food, it seems like they’d be too hard to wash effectively. But food that’s prepackaged- a grand way to corral them. I really like them and will continue to use them, and buy them, but I’ll probably never put, say, a sandwich in one.

If you wanted long-term freezer storage, I think, it could be greatly enhanced by putting your ziplock-manually-vacuumed bags of food into one of the silicone zipper lock bags. Just my opinion. But I think it would enhance the heck out of guarding against freezer burn

That is an interesting idea.

1 Like

I use the ikea glass lock, I clean the lid and seal separately to avoid things growing.

1 Like

@naf, that Ikea container looks solid. The containers my son bought from Ikea, the lids warped.

1 Like

They are freezer, microwave, oven and dishwasher friendly. I’m happy with them. I’ve some WMF glass lock boxes that I bought before the ikea ones appeared, the glass is very fragile and cracked with the oven heat, not to mention that the price are much more expensive.

1 Like

I do that, too. If I’m packing stuff I’m going to be long term freezing, like steaks, I’ll drag out the vacuum sealer - if I can remember where instashed it. Otherwise, it’s ziplock, straw, and sometimes bowl of water for me.

Old thread resurfacing. I love these reusable, dishwasher-safe plastic bags from Target that stand up on their own. Game changer for us.

I wish they were clear rather than translucent, but that’s a small quibble.

1 Like

Nice. I think I saw these at my local Target too. They are cheaper than the competitors. I bought a few (re)Zip bags as my reuseable bags.

1 Like

Can’t really cube out a freezer with bags. I try to avoid them.